This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spamassasin deletes items I do not want trashed in Kmail

FedEx delivery information is always put into the trash automatically. I have never requested same. How do I get it to stop? If the option is there, I am unable to understand how to use it. Thanks! Shab

You can whitelist individual senders or entire domains with spamassassin - might be prudent to have a look here -

https://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/ManualWhitelist

Good luck
    we see things not as they are, but as we are.
    -- anais nin

Comment

I don't use AV software, for obvious reasons, so when obnoxious email arrives at my inbox I create a filter (filters are a KMail option) for the individual (or domain) that redirects it to the trash can. Set the trash can to empty on exit.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Hi friend, I haven't set up any special instructions for emails to be rejected. I only have Spamassasin installed. Anytime I have incoming that I reject, I select the Spamassasin item and all that happens is I reinstall Spamassasin. I am unaware of how to change this, but would rather remove Spamassasin rather than have mail automatically removed without my knowledge.

Occasionally I have opened the trash selection to find important emails I never read.

Thanks for the reply.

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
        I don't use AV software, for obvious reasons, so when obnoxious email arrives at my inbox I create a filter (filters are a KMail option) for the individual (or domain) that redirects it to the trash can. Set the trash can to empty on exit.

Comment

Originally posted by Shabakthanai View Post
          ... but would rather remove Spamassasin rather than have mail automatically removed without my knowledge.

Occasionally I have opened the trash selection to find important emails I never read.
          Settings ---> Configure Filters
          You can set one or more filters on subject, to, from, etc.... and then set the actions. I move the unwanted emails to the folder "Trash" but you can also use the Delete action. You can set the filter section to be as detailed and exclusive or as inclusive as you want. By domain, by user, by fragments of a domain, by combinations of user and domain (so you filter some from a domain but not others), etc... The KMail configure option is very extensive.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

That was embarrassing. I should have known that. Thanks. I believe I wsa looking for Configure Spamassasin and the correct selection was about filters. I feel very stupid and very tolerated. You are a faithful friend. God Bless you.
            Shab

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
            Settings ---> Configure Filters
            You can set one or more filters on subject, to, from, etc... and then set the actions. I move the unwanted emails to the folder "Trash" but you can also use the Delete action. You can set the filter section to be as detailed and exclusive or as inclusive as you want. By domain, by user, by fragments of a domain, by combinations of user and domain (so you filter some from a domain but not others), etc... The KMail configure option is very extensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Shabakthanai View Post
              I feel very stupid and very tolerated.
              You shouldn't feel stupid, and you aren't just being tolerated here. Everyone needs assistance now and again, or even often. There is no shame in that. Even in needing is one giving, as the need is itself an opportunity for another to give assistance. Both benefit.
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

+1+1+1

Comment

@snowhog:

Here Here! Exactly correct.
                  Kubuntu 23.11 64bit under Kernel 6.8.8, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

All of you are always so kind, but sometimes I forget to do my own research, then remember my mistake after being helped. There is no excuse for that. I just forget - not done on purpose. I am so grateful to live so long and for all your kindnesses. i will continue to try to remember to search first then ask for help, so you are not always doing my work for me. Thanks again Shab

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                    You shouldn't feel stupid, and you aren't just being tolerated here. Everyone needs assistance now and again, or even often. There is no shame in that. Even in needing is one giving, as the need is itself an opportunity for another to give assistance. Both benefit.

Comment

Working...
                    X