Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New guy. K19.1. forgotten password-tried recommended solutions. No go.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suspect that error came from the old kubuntu install; the standard install isos don't use grub IIUC (Ventoy and mbusb ones do, but you said you used etcher.)

To boot from the USB, did you press F2, or F8, or F12 (it varies by manufacturer) to get a boot device choice?
    Regards, John Little

Comment

I pressed F2 to get to the Boot selection. And yes, Etcher is the only tool I know how to use to build the bootable thumb drive.
      Last edited by JayBrew; Mar 15, 2022, 07:14 PM.

Comment

OK.... sometime later....

I rebuilt the thumb drive with 20.04-4 and rebooted (I actually used ESC to get to the CMOS setup and point to the thumb drive, not F2 as I incorrectly noted earlier) and all was well. Perhaps there were errors in the original download/creation of the thumb drive.

I don't know, but in any case, I now have a working installation which is great!

Thanks for the outstanding support and encouragement.

Comment

Originally posted by JayBrew View Post
          OK.... sometime later....

I rebuilt the thumb drive with 20.04-4 and rebooted (I actually used ESC to get to the CMOS setup and point to the thumb drive, not F2 as I incorrectly noted earlier) and all was well. Perhaps there were errors in the original download/creation of the thumb drive.

I don't know, but in any case, I now have a working installation which is great!

Thanks for the outstanding support and encouragement.
          Excellent! Thanks for keeping us updated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have as they come up.
          Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Working...
          X