Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Graphics seem to lag after using a while in Kubuntu 16.04LTS.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Graphics] Graphics seem to lag after using a while in Kubuntu 16.04LTS.

Because kubuntu K16.04LTS is a newer release, I have been testing it for quite a while. A graphics problem that continues to re-occur for several months, yet has not been corrected or changed is the following:

When playing a video in Kubuntu 16.04LTS, a while into the video, the mouth goes out of sink with the audio.

I have a 2GB GPU and an 8-core AMD 4.3Ghz processor. Additionally my OS is on a dedicated 256GB SSD.

Because I haven't seen mention of the problem, I decided to upgrade from K16.04 to K17.04. The upgrade stopped at 75%, "Details": unity-scope-gdrive
    dependency problems – leaving unconfigured

??How do I disable 'Online Search'?? I am confused.

How do I correct this problem? Thanks! Shab
    Last edited by Shabakthanai; May 20, 2017, 02:39 PM.

You are yet another person who has fallen victim to the upgrading to a new release instead of doing a fresh install using the ISO of the new release.

What I'd try to do is fall back to 16.04, IF you can still get back into your system at least on a terminal as root. Edit the sources.list file and remove all references to the zesty repository.

Then, as root, run
    apt-cache clean
    atp-get update
    and
    apt-get -f install
    dpkg --configure -a
    repeatedly until you get no error msg, or the same error msg repeats.

Either way, you may have to restore the plasma-workspace.
    Last edited by GreyGeek; May 20, 2017, 03:04 PM.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
    X