X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Installation] Can’t Install Kubuntu

Hello there,

I am trying to install Kubuntu on my ASUS TUF FX505DY. I already tried to flash the usb using Etcher and Rufus, while this worked, I couldn’t seem to start the installation.

I already have secure boot disable, I selected the usb where it has the boot image. When I do that, I get the small screen menu about starting Kubuntu and with the safe graphic option as well. So far so good there.

But when I select Kubuntu, it throws errors of Verbose (it didn’t let me attach an image) and it repeats that like 4 or 5 times and then I get to the Kubuntu glowing logo, and there... it froze. I don’t why this happens, but I cannot proceed after that. I’m stuck there. I need to power off forcefully using the button of power of my laptop as well on that step, because it doesn’t do anything, it gets stuck.

My Specs:
    — Ryzen 5 3550h
    — RX 560X
    — 16GB RAM
    — 256GB SSD / 1TB HDD

Thanks in advance for any help.

Which version of Kubuntu?

Have you checked the iso? IMO it's easiest to run md5sum on the iso, but you need an OS for that. After booting the USB you may be able to find an option to run a check.
    Regards, John Little

Comment

Originally posted by jlittle View Post
      Which version of Kubuntu?

Have you checked the iso? IMO it's easiest to run md5sum on the iso, but you need an OS for that. After booting the USB you may be able to find an option to run a check.
      20.04 and 21.10, I thought the iso were broken, so I tried an earlier version and it still happened the same thing. md5sum were the same on both, I did that a few minutes ago, when I saw you answer.

I could show you the error since I took a photo of it, but I can’t attach the image here.

Comment

Hello janrdz, Welcome to the Forum.
        It's been reported that with the Ryzen 5 chip you need to append
        Code:
        pci=assign-busses apicmaintimer idle=poll reboot=cold,hard
        to the boot line in grub.
        Dave Kubuntu 20.04 Registered Linux User #462608

Wireless Script: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...5#post12350385

Comment

Originally posted by janrdz View Post
          I could show you the error since I took a photo of it, but I can’t attach the image here.
          Once you have the specified minimum number of posts, you will be promoted into the Established Usergroup. The number of posts required isn't high. You'll then have the ability to include links in posts and you should have no problem including images.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by kc1di View Post
            Hello janrdz, Welcome to the Forum.
            It's been reported that with the Ryzen 5 chip you need to append
            Code:
            pci=assign-busses apicmaintimer idle=poll reboot=cold,hard
            to the boot line in grub.
            Inside what function do I paste that line? I’m opened the grub.cfg file.

Comment

Originally posted by janrdz View Post

Inside what function do I paste that line? I’m opened the grub.cfg file.
              In the "menuentry" stanza for the relevant option (likely the first) on the menu, at the end of the "linux" line.
              Regards, John Little

Comment

Go to this web page and scroll down to solving freezes during boot. Follow the video except copy and paste the line I gave you instead of nomodeset. Good luck. https://www.linuxmint.com/rel_una_cinnamon.php
                Dave Kubuntu 20.04 Registered Linux User #462608

Wireless Script: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...5#post12350385

Comment

Working...
                X