This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have an update Issue

hi guys...im having this problem with one update,which while it was getting installed the Software Center,(Discover) suddenly stopped,and when i tried once again to update,it gives and continue to give me this message,but i dont know how to do solve it...the update itself says.. "unattended-upgrades (0.93.1ubuntu2.2) of 33.8kib..the message i get says.." Cannot obtain lock... E:dpkg was interrupted ,you must manually run ¨dpkg -configure -a " to correct the problem...ill include an image

im using kubuntu 17.04..any help will be appreciated...thanks...Dreamwarrior

[IMG][/IMG]

Looks like the application crashed half way through installing something.

You need to run the command in the screenshot inside a terminal.

Open Konsole, which is a terminal emulator (click the "start menu" and start typing "konsole" and it should show up). In the Konsole window, type:

Code:
    sudo dpkg --configure -a
    hit enter, and type your password when prompted. It should fix any packages that are in a broken state (i.e. the files are installed but the package has not been configured).
    Last edited by Feathers McGraw; May 19, 2017, 07:04 AM. Reason: typo in command
    samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

thanks a lot for the explanation,i saved the info for the future...although u mispelled "dpkg" i tried a few (3) times and got the result...i really thank you ...and yes,the Software crashed while it was installing an update,...thank you for the fast response,..Its solved

Comment

Ah yes, excuse my fat fingers. Glad it's solved.
        samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X