Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do I post problems with 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do I post problems with 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish?

ON Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish an update broke the dragging and droping of tabs in chrome, chromium, and Brave browsers...

See: https://www.reddit.com/r/Kubuntu/com...u_today_i_can/
    On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

We won't have a 22.04 section until it is a bit closer to release date.
      There is a mega-thread for early adopters here

But this particular issue is not specific to 22.04, I see it in 20.04, 21.10, and Neon.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
        But this particular issue is not specific to 22.04, I see it in 20.04, 21.10, and Neon.
        With the flatpak chromium I wasn't seeing this on 21.10, ran flatpak update, now I am.

Regards, John Little

Comment

Kubuntu 20.04
          KDE Plasma Version: 5.18.5
          Kernel Version: 5.4.0-94-generic
          Chrome: 97.0.4692.71

It seems specific to KDE systems, apparently in the Gnome version the bug has been corrected.
          It makes Chrome (Chromium) nearly unusable.
          I would have thought that considering the number of derivative browsers, this bug correction should have been seen as a priority.
          It reflects badly on the KDE usability/reliability.

Comment

Originally posted by Serge View Post
            Kubuntu 20.04
            KDE Plasma Version: 5.18.5
            Kernel Version: 5.4.0-94-generic
            Chrome: 97.0.4692.71

It seems specific to KDE systems, apparently in the Gnome version the bug has been corrected.
            It makes Chrome (Chromium) nearly unusable.
            I would have thought that considering the number of derivative browsers, this bug correction should have been seen as a priority.
            It reflects badly on the KDE usability/reliability.
            The problem is most definitely not from anything in Plasma, and the fix for Gnome is (was?) to switch to/from using the System Titlebar in Chrome.

I can replicate this on KDE Neon Plasma (5.23.5), Kubuntu 20.04 (Plasma 5.18.), Kubuntu 21.10 (Plasma 5.22), so it is not related to any Plasma updates, since these are all using different versions of it.

The last Chrome update came on January 4, and many of the derivatives browsers had updates 2 to three days later. I don't know if Google's Chrome dev team pops out updates as needed, or will wait for their regular-ish timed releases.

Despite the fairly major sort of bug, there really has been extremely little mention, complaints, rants, etc on the more populated areas of the linux-o-sphere, or even the KDE-o-sphere.

if you check in the bug report, work is being done, with commits happening today, even minutes ago. We'll see how quickly it can be tested and released.

A temporary fix would be to find a deb for the last version of Chrome (takes some work to find, believe it or not), replace 97 with this, and hold the package so it doesn't prompt for updates.

Comment

Working...
            X