This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Task manager drag and drop problem

Okay, I'm tapping the mat and calling for help on this one. Anyhow, I have this rather annoying problem with KDE 5.8 that I can't find a solution to. When I'm switching task manager tasks I sometimes find that when I click one of the tabs my mouse pointer seems to grab it for no good reason (I don't click and hold while I drag) and drags an icon of it up into the program I'm working on which causes all kinds of problems. I'm wondering if there's a way to turn off that drag and drop feature, or at the very least greatly reduce its sensitivity so that incidental mouse clicks don't result in unintended drags. I'm attaching a screenshot of what I see when it accidentally grabs the task bar icon and drags it onto either the desktop or whatever app I have open. And again, it appears when I click on a tab in the task manager to switch to another window, and only appear to happen randomly. I'm also NOT holding down the mouse as I switch away from the tab. It's almost acting like sticky mouse is enabled, but it's not. The only way to clear this is to either left click again, right click, or go down to the task manager and click that. But when I do that, task buttons move around as though I'm manually sorting them, when I'm not. Anyhow, I hope that explains this enough so you can help me figure this out, assuming there is a fix.

-.-;;
    Attached Files

Almost sounds like a 'sticky keys' / 'mouse click delay' problem. Have you looked in System Settings > Accessibility (I believe that's correct) settings?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

All accessibility features are turned off. I did though turn up the drag start to ten pixels on the mouse and that seems to have partially solved it. So I might play with that and see if it fully resolves the issue.

Comment

In addition to what Snowhog wrote, you might consider the settings on SystemSettings -->Input Device --> Mouse --> Advanced
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Yeah, that's where I changed the drag distance. It's helping some, but I'm still occasionally getting that issue. So I might bump it to 15 pixels and see if that helps more.

Comment

Working...
          X