Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having a sound issue and a directory issue.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having a sound issue and a directory issue.

This is my first ever Linux system and I've have not been able to find where the Nautilus scripts location is and he Internet articles seem to be just as confused. Also I have my tower connected to a television while i wait for my monitor. The OS setting appear to all be turned on an utilizing the Audio out via HDMI. Also I'm was automatically logged into the admin profile and the one I made during installation is gone. I'm not sure if it matters but I installed from a USB drive I made with Etcher.

Desktop

OS: 100% Kubuntu 16.10 (Clean install on a brand new drive)

CPU: Intel i7-4770 BCLK 3.4Ghz; Max Turbo 3.9Ghz x64

MOBO: Asus Z97-E

GPU (Graphics Processor Unit): 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 06)
    Memory: 16GB (2x8GB) Crucial Ballistics Sport 1600 Mhz CAS9

Storage: ***Both are internal drives*** One 3.5" 7200 RPM 5TB Toshiba HDD X300 & One 2.5" OCZ Trion 100 480GB SSD

Optical Drives: Two 5.25" Asus BC-12B1ST Blu-Ray Readers, DVD/CD Writers Internal
    Last edited by Guest; Apr 02, 2017, 12:17 AM. Reason: Left out some details

16.10 has only a 3 month EOL. Reinstall with 16.04 and you'll be good till 2021.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I second Gray Geek's suggestion. Point releases outside of LTS editions are for those who are the cutting edge adventurous types. Also, while I haven't jumped on the KDE Neon bandwagon, I'd recommend also looking at going in that direction too.

Comment

Currently Neon is on top of 16.04. The OS will be supported for FOUR more years. Neon is a rolling update. I am using the Neon User Edition. Best of both worlds.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
        X