This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protonmail Bridge - GPG key not working

First, let me apologize for my ignorance on this topic. I'm trying to install the Protonmail Bridge so that I can use Thunderbird for my Protonmail account instead of using the web application. I have never used the gpg key before. When I try to set up my account, the Bridge installer gives me an error message that no keychain is present.

However, I have installed the gpg key and configured it as follows:
    Code:
    gpg --full-generate-key
    I am just testing this so I left the passphrase blank, and initialized the key as follows:

Code:
    gpg: key A9612D99CCDED9FF marked as ultimately trusted
    gpg: revocation certificate stored as '/home/gshockxcc/.gnupg/openpgp-revocs.d/C191790C6E8A8ED24D4383CAA9612D99CCDED
    9FF.rev'
    public and secret key created and signed.

pub   rsa3072 2021-11-25 [SC]
         C191790C6E8A8ED24D4383CAA9612D99CCDED9FF
    uid                      Kristan Sears (Test) <gshockxcc@protonmail.com>
    sub   rsa3072 2021-11-25 [E]

gshockxcc@gshockDell:~$ pass init A9612D99CCDED9FF
    Password store initialized for A9612D99CCDED9FF
    I don't know if the Bridge installer is not recognizing the key, or if I've set it up incorrectly and it's not visible to the Bridge installer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

-gshockxcc

I know nothing about Proton Bridge but a search brought this up https://www.reddit.com/r/ProtonMail/...proton_bridge/

Comment

Thanks for the reply. At least I'm not alone here, but I got a reply from Support suggesting the same thing as the post. I tried that using my generated key, but it didn't work.

I have an open support ticket with the Bridge team. Will have to wait for a reply and see what they say.

Can you help with the Key question? How do I know if I generated the key correctly? Is there a way to test it and see if other applications can use it?

Comment

The only time I had trouble with gpg keys it was on the other end. I think you are just going to have to wait for Bridge to get back to you. Might try forums like linuxquestions.com

Comment

Working...
        X