Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black screen after pressing Try Kubuntu from grub menu (installation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black screen after pressing Try Kubuntu from grub menu (installation)

I'm using Huawei Matebook D14 with Radeon. I am having trouble installing kubuntu 20.04.3 LTS. After booting from USB, I tried the following in GRUB menu:

pressing "e" on Try Kubuntu then using the arrow keys to replace "quiet splash" with "radeon.modeset=0" Then press the Ctrl+x key combination to start Kubuntu so I can start installation But sadly, the screen just goes black and the computer does nothing.

Also used only "quiet splash" and only "nomodeset" later but didn't help. The checksum seems to be fine with the ISO.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Does Kubuntu run normally from the LiveUSB? I.E., does it load and get to a Desktop and from there can you actually use it?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Snowhog i tried pressing Try Kubuntu and then it goes to the black screen. no luck there!

Comment

After trying 'safe graphics' option, i had to wait for like 15-20 mins and then it says:

[FAILED] Failed to start Snap Daemon.Card State
        [FAILED] Failed to start Ubuntu live CD installer.

[FAILED] Failed to start Snap Daemon

[FAILED] Failed to start Snap Daemon

i'm using a bootable usb stick btw.

any solution?

Comment

It is extremely odd that anyone would have trouble launching and trying Kubuntu from a LiveUSB. My guess is that the creation of your LiveUSB is corrupted. How did you create it; with what software?
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

When you boot from the USB, you might try pressing the space bar, or the enter key, just once. I've encountered computers that have needed a key pressed at just the right moment.
            Regards, John Little

Comment

Working...
            X