Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Bluetooth in Macbook Pro VM

Hey everyone!
    Pretty much as it says in the title, I'm running Kb21.10 (Plasma 5.22.5/kernel 5.13.0.21) in a Parallels VM on my 2019 macbook pro. I give the VM 4GB ram and plenty of disk space and all 4 cores...
    I just cant get Kubuntu to find the Bluetooth adaptor. The speakers, mic,webcam all work great. I've made sure in all the Parallels settings that it has access to bluetooth, but nothing gives!

I ran ZorinOS before this and it also wouldn't find the BT radio. Always had it in airplane mode. And Kubuntu just says 'no adaptor found.'

Any ideas/obvious errors? (please dont tell me running it on MacOS was my first error :-)...)

Cheers everyone

Simon

Parallels probably needs some specific setting to pass the bluetooth adapter to Linux, if the software has any advanced option available.
    I spy a few folks with similar problems on their support forum, but no real responses or resolution. If Parallels isn't passing usable device info to the guest OS, there is not much that can be done, probably.
    You might see if a Bluetooth adapter is shown using the lsusb command in a terminal. it *might* point to some possible virtual device driver or something. But the lack of any success from others does not bode well.

Comment

Great answer Claydoh, thank you. I’m a little rusty with the command line so that’s a great heads up and I’ll go digging to see what resources the OS is being offered..
      thanks for that!
      SK

Comment

An alternative is to try another tool, such as Virtualbox. This might offer better advanced options, if necessary. Or it might have better Linux guest support.

Comment

Working...
        X