This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by claydoh View Post

Actually, yes- install them, and then see if you can update everything, looking for Firefox to upgrade here..
    Use the command line, if you can, to see any errors.

sudo apt update && sudo apt full-upgrade

If we still need to purge, nothing will change on that count.
    BUT if suddenly everything is working properly, and firefox/etc do update correctly, go ahead and try enabling the winehq, and try that step.
    OK, so I did the updates (53 upgrade, 5 new) and completed without any errors (firefox was already in v.94), then purged savoury1 ppa (75 to downgrade, 6 to remove) which also completed without errors. So I went on and enabled the winehq repo and installed wine which also didn't seem to have any errors.

At running winecfg, mono and gecko packages couldn't be found so wine offered to install them and I proceeded doing so. Several errors there. Anyway, I went on and installed mp3tag and it seems to be working fine! That is amazing and I thank you so much!

I have attached a text with the errors when running winecfg, just in case I need to do something more. I am also thinking of disabling the other software sources I have added and just enabling them once in a while to check for updates. Is there any point in this?
    Attached Files

Comment

I don't think the messaging from winecfg means much, to us mere mortals. If things work fine, then do what I do ---ignore it, unless something is broken
      Wine offering to install the mono and gecko bits is normal, actually.
      You may find a menu entry for winecfg, so you may not need to open it from the terminal to begin with, unless you want to.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
        I don't think the messaging from winecfg means much, to us mere mortals. If things work fine, then do what I do ---ignore it, unless something is broken
        Wine offering to install the mono and gecko bits is normal, actually.
        You may find a menu entry for winecfg, so you may not need to open it from the terminal to begin with, unless you want to.
        Great! Thank you very much for your patience and detailed explanations.

Comment

Working...
        X