Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Media change request in terminal....think I need help here!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Media change request in terminal....think I need help here!

Hello, trying to install synaptic, and get a media change request....not sure what I'm meant to do here?

Click image for larger version  Name:	FOf1YCc.png Views:	6 Size:	138.2 KB ID:	657932
    Last edited by pigeon; Nov 08, 2021, 02:47 PM.

Ahh, do it thinks I still have a CD Rom....so....to remove it:

sudo sed -i '/cdrom/d' /etc/apt/sources.list
    ?

Comment

The iso image installer, which is actually using a cdrom (iso 9660) filesystem, seems like it didn't get disabled for some reason after the install was completed. or something along those lines.

Don't need to use a command to disable it, though - in Discover's settings there is a Software Sources tool where you can just uncheck the entry.

Comment

Was that where your LiveUSB was mounted when you did the install?

BTW, "sed" is a stream editor. It won't eject a drive.
        You can open Dolphin and look in the lower left panel to see the list of mounted drives. If you see your install media there your can right mouse click on it and choose the "Eject ..." option.
        Last edited by GreyGeek; Nov 08, 2021, 02:34 PM.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
          Was that where your LiveUSB was mounted when you did the install?

BTW, "sed" is a stream editor. It won't eject a drive.
          You can open Dolphin and look in the lower left panel to see the list of mounted drives. If you see your install media there your can right mouse click on it and choose the "Eject ..." option.
          I don't thik so, I don't even have a CD drive on the computer, maybe some confusion over me using a SSD caddy that replaces the CD drive in this laptop

I do have my EFI partition showing up, is there a way to just hide that one? Edit, yep just right click and hide

Click image for larger version  Name:	KBDag2c.png Views:	0 Size:	68.0 KB ID:	657941

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
          The iso image installer, which is actually using a cdrom (iso 9660) filesystem, seems like it didn't get disabled for some reason after the install was completed. or something along those lines.

Don't need to use a command to disable it, though - in Discover's settings there is a Software Sources tool where you can just uncheck the entry.
          Thank you!

Comment

If memory serves me right that's the first time I've heard of someone's EFI partition automatically mounting. To do that you would have to do:
            System Settings > Hardware > Removable Storages > Removable Devices > give check the "Enable automatic mounting" > give checks the partitions you want to be automounted under the column "Automount on Login" > OK.

Did you do something like that?

And, can you now install packages without the "insert cdrom" request?
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
            X