This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Software Appears Uninstalled But Is It?

These are some apps / software listed in my Favorites folder. The following named ones have no "icon" to their left as do all others. One of those, the bottom-most is named "sysinfo" which I installed / uninstalled via Muon. The other 3, from top to bottom, indicate "not installed" in Muon. I assume at one time I installed / uninstalled them. Just want to make sure they're not system required items. The 4 of them are dead when clicked on. That said, being they aren't there, how do I remove their names from the list? Thanks.

dconf-editor
    psensor
    audio-recorder
    sysinfo

Kubuntu 14.04 / KDE 4.13.3 / GRUB Version: 0.97-29ubuntu66
    HP15 -
    -f033wm Laptop / CPU: Intel / GPU: Intel Corporation Atom Processor / RAM: 8GB / Hard Drive: 1 each / Seagate / Optical Drive: HP DVDRW GUB0N / Windows 10

On the Favorites menu right-mouse click on the item and select "Remove from Favorites".
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
      On the Favorites menu right-mouse click on the item and select "Remove from Favorites".
      That's the problem though I resolved it. In K menu classic mode, I right click on any app in Favorites and it acts like I left clicked. It launches the app. Most of the time if I right click ON Favorites, nothing happens where the others listed in the menu will open a window which normally gives the Add to Desktop / Add to Panel options . I discovered last night if I went to "Switch to Application Launch Style", all worked fine and I was able to delete those apps. This happens only with Favorites. The remainder of the menu is fine. I have tried another mouse, rebooted, exhausted all efforts I can think of. Something is wrong with Favorites when in classic menu style.
      Kubuntu 14.04 / KDE 4.13.3 / GRUB Version: 0.97-29ubuntu66
      HP15 -
      -f033wm Laptop / CPU: Intel / GPU: Intel Corporation Atom Processor / RAM: 8GB / Hard Drive: 1 each / Seagate / Optical Drive: HP DVDRW GUB0N / Windows 10

Comment

Working...
      X