This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[System] New version of kubuntu

I am getting messages that a new version of kubuntu is available. I use version 14.04. I assume that the version mentioned is for version 16.

Sometime ago, I installed version 15 and had a lot of trouble with the network manager. The network kept disconnecting from the internet, and I ended up re-installing version 14

My question is: Is the update for version 16 and has the network manger issue been solved. I realise that this problem was not an issue for many, but it was for my system.

Comments please
    kubuntu version: 16.04.5 LTS

Laptop: Toshiba-Satellite-L350

Yes, the new version would be 16. You can ignore it (as you have been) if you don't want to move to 16 (and doing it as a version upgrade really isn't recommended; you should do it as a fresh installation).

Bottom line is this: If 14.04 is working for you; doing everything you want; there is no need to go to the next version.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Are the networking problems that I experienced in version 15 solved in version 16?
      kubuntu version: 16.04.5 LTS

Laptop: Toshiba-Satellite-L350

Comment

Working...
      X