This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of Icons .... Help Please

I can't remember though it seems like it was very simple. Tried and researched everything. Everything minus one I reckon. How do I go from my apps being secreted away "inside" the lower left K button to being displayed on left side of screen as icons. Thanks.
    Kubuntu 14.04 / KDE 4.13.3 / GRUB Version: 0.97-29ubuntu66
    HP15 -
    -f033wm Laptop / CPU: Intel / GPU: Intel Corporation Atom Processor / RAM: 8GB / Hard Drive: 1 each / Seagate / Optical Drive: HP DVDRW GUB0N / Windows 10

unlock your widgets. . open the K menu and right click on the program you want a shortcut too and select add to desktop . if this is not what your asking . then please provide more info
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Thank you. As I recall, I could display them as a single "panel" vertically along the left edge of the desktop. I don't believe it was done as individual icons. Similar to this in Ubuntu 14.04. https://www.howtogeek.com/198218/how...-ubuntu-14.04/
      HP15 -
      -f033wm Laptop / CPU: Intel / GPU: Intel Corporation Atom Processor / RAM: 8GB / Hard Drive: 1 each / Seagate / Optical Drive: HP DVDRW GUB0N / Windows 10

Comment

There are so many ways of customising KDE but this is a quick description of how I would do what you want:

1. Add a new panel, make it vertical on the left.

2. Install the Icon-only Task Manager (plasma widget for the panel). Add your desired applications to the Icon-only task manager by finding them in the K menu and click and drag them to the panel.

Done.
        Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
        Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

Thank you.
          HP15 -

Comment

Working...
          X