X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with Xerox Printer installation

Hello,

I'm trying desperately to install my Xerox WorkCentre 6015B printer connected to the USB port of my Freebox Mini 4K. I configured it under Windows, under Ubuntu and it works, but under Kubuntu (16.10) no way.
    I took the same parameters as under Ubuntu (16.10) where it works, but not average with Kubuntu, which does not create the printer.

Here is how I proceed: under Kubuntu I go in Printers, I click on "click here to create a new printer". I chose URI Manual where I type smb: //192.168.0.254/Xerox%20WorkCentre%206015B (I also tried smb: // WORKGROUP / FREEBOX_SERVER / Xerox% 20WorkCentre% 206015B via Windows SAMBA after installing the following packages Via the order

Smba-smbc install samba libsmbclient smbclient python-smbc

Then I click on the next one, choose the Xerox WorkCentre 6015B driver then next, then I enter the name of the printer then I click on the finish, but it does not add the printer, the home page indicates that " No printer has been configured. Is this a bug or is there something I'm not doing right?

Thank you in advance for your help !

CD

Try using smb: //192.168.0.254/Xerox\ WorkCentre\ 6015B instead. The \ 'escapes' the following space.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Hello Snowhog,
      I tried smb://192.168.0.254/Xerox\ WorkCentre\ 6015B but it doesn't work either. I don't know why it doesn't work. I have a computer with Ubuntu 16.10 and it works but with Kubuntu 16.10 it doesn't work. Could it be a bug ?

Comment

Originally posted by sendscan View Post
        Could it be a bug ?

I really don't think so.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X