This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Software Updater Question

Up until about 2 weeks or so ago, I would receive notifications that updates were available. My norm was probably 2 notifications weekly. I would choose to install them. It would launch a small window listing the updates and at times a list of what was required to be removed / replaced. I would enter my password and click ok. Not seeing any of late, I clicked on my software updater app. It launched a window which basically said security and other updates were available. It didn't launch the window which lists the updates. I entered my password and it began the installation process, showing what was being installed and the green progress bar. Took about 20 minutes as compared to a norm of 2 minutes maximum.

My initial thought was it had snuck Kubuntu 16.xxx into my system and I was about to cuss. I still have 14.04. Everything seems to function properly, etc.

I can only think that several updates were retrieved / installed when I clicked the updater that otherwise I receive notifications for, thus, the longer time to install. Obviously I had updates awaiting installation. I checked my notifications settings and they are set as they were in the past. I don't understand why I haven't been receiving the notifications / alerts for updates as I always have in the past. Thanks
    Kubuntu 14.04 / KDE 4.13.3 / GRUB Version: 0.97-29ubuntu66
    HP15 -
    -f033wm Laptop / CPU: Intel / GPU: Intel Corporation Atom Processor / RAM: 8GB / Hard Drive: 1 each / Seagate / Optical Drive: HP DVDRW GUB0N / Windows 10

Hmm. Not sure about your problem. But I have also seen various misbehaviors with my updater, too, at times. One thing I do when in doubt, and sometimes this clears everything up (at least for quite awhile), is to open Muon and mess with it.

Open Muon, lower left is "By Status," and then you can click Upgradeable in the left side bar.
    and/or,
    Open Muon, and simply go for it: At the top, click Check for updates, and see what comes up.
    After this is done, close Muon and hope for the best. For me, it straightens things out.

(Also using 14.04 here.)
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by Qqmike View Post
      Hmm. Not sure about your problem. But I have also seen various misbehaviors with my updater, too, at times. One thing I do when in doubt, and sometimes this clears everything up (at least for quite awhile), is to open Muon and mess with it.

Open Muon, lower left is "By Status," and then you can click Upgradeable in the left side bar.
      and/or,
      Open Muon, and simply go for it: At the top, click Check for updates, and see what comes up.
      After this is done, close Muon and hope for the best. For me, it straightens things out.

(Also using 14.04 here.)
      "hope for the best." You're sounding like me. Lol. Thanks buddy and hope you have a great New Year.
      Kubuntu 14.04 / KDE 4.13.3 / GRUB Version: 0.97-29ubuntu66
      HP15 -
      -f033wm Laptop / CPU: Intel / GPU: Intel Corporation Atom Processor / RAM: 8GB / Hard Drive: 1 each / Seagate / Optical Drive: HP DVDRW GUB0N / Windows 10

Comment

and a happy New Year to you, too!
        An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
        X