This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continue button grayed out in installer

I am trying to install Kubuntu 16.10 (in a virtual machine) and the "continue" button is grayed-out / disabled in the installer (see screenshot).

What am I supposed to do at this step?

A lot of virtualisation software seems to default to too small a virtual disk for k/ubuntu machines, which results in what you see.

Virtualbox for example defaults to 8GB.

I can't recall exactly what the threshold is this minute, but I usually set a 16GB disk, which just works!
    On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Wow, how hard would it have been to put a message "you have not enough disk space" in the installer? Anyway, I want something that fits in 8 GB if possible, so I'll look around for a different distro. Thanks anyway!

Comment

Also, it is 'recommended' by those of us who have experience to not check the Download updates while installing Kubuntu and Install third-party software for graphics and Wi-Fi hardware, Flash, MP3 and other media during installation.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X