X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Konqueor or Firefox?

Whats the general consus?

Should I run Firefox or konqueor for my Internet Brower.

I have run Firefox on a windows machine and I am currently running Konquueor on Kubuntu on my linux machine. But it seems I need to add flash and Java support. Should I bother or just run firefox?

Many thanks in advance for advice

Re: Konqueor or Firefox?

Whether you use Firefox or Konqueror for web browsing, you'll still need to install Flash and Java, and in the same way. Installing Flash and Java in Firefox doesn't work the same way in Linux as it does in Windows (not automatic).
    Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Unless you can think of a reason not to use FF I'd say use both, whichever pleases you most for whatever you like to do.
      It's not like you've installed an OS and you're forced to use the proprietary, outdated, insecure, buggy browser that ships with it

Comment

I actually have both, but I mainly use Konqueror, because of it's desktop integration, and the fact that I don't have to switch back and forth from one window (browser) to another (file manager), meaning I have one less windows to clutter my 1024x768 monitor. But I keep Firefox for those very rare sites that aren't Konqi-friendly. They're a rare bunch, though.
        Jucato's Data Core

Comment

I like to use both. Some things (for me) work better with Firefox, some things work better with Konq. I just switch between the multiple desktops (usually have three open, Konq, Firefox and Thunderbird).

Just my 2c

Cheers

Lowey

I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.<br /><br />Registered Linux User No. 402825

Comment

Both browsers are fine, I also like Flock, what is Firefox-based browser, but it is not in the repos yet, you have to download it and install to /home folder similar way like in Windows system

Comment

Also (should have mentioned this in my first post) Firefox has so many extensions that you can add so much functionality with. And some really nice themes, too. (I love noia extreme).

Cheers

Lowey

I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.<br /><br />Registered Linux User No. 402825

Comment

Thanks for the excellent responses guys. OK looks like I am going to run both.

Comment

Working...
                X