This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kde desktop screwed up.

hi i have been running kubuntu 14.04 for a year or two now. No problem what so ever. Last night i was drunk and when i was typing in an email in my browser i might have accidently hit a key combination which messed up my dekstop. Everything seems 10% (or so) larger now. Not only my brower ( i know how to scale that ) but everything. So my desktop image doesnt fit anymore and i have to scroll to see the whole picture. Also all fonts look really bad. I have tried rebooting but no effect. I can see the effect happening when i login into kde. And the 5 icons appear on after the other. After the first it looks good, but then suddenly everything gets bigger and uglier. Anybody any idea to fix this?

I tried to login using the guest account and then everything is fine.

Ctrl and + makes things bigger
    Ctrl and - makes things smaller
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by arochester View Post
      Ctrl and + makes things bigger
      Ctrl and - makes things smaller
      doesnt work

nothing happens when i do this. but the windows button did the trick. thanks!

Comment

KWin
        Zoom in Meta+=
        Zoom out Meta+-
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Is this the "Accessibility" settings.

Comment

The kwin zoom is a desktop effect and can be configured in
            system settings -> desktop behavior -> desktop effects
            Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
            (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Works nice, too! That's how some screen captured videos expand sections of the screen for a better view.

Holding the Meta+- keys will zoom back out until the desktop just fits the screen.
              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
              – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
              X