X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by acheron View Post
    The driver compatible with your card is nvidia-304

Later drivers will either have dropped compatibility altogether, or may be very hit and miss if you *could* persuade them to work.
    Is this the best driver for my machine:

nvidia-304/xenial 304.131-0ubuntu3 i386
    NVIDIA legacy binary driver - version 304.131

Would the installation command be:
    sudo apt install nvidia-340

or,

sudo apt install nvidia-304/xenial 304.131-0ubuntu3 i386
    Last edited by anonprivate; Aug 14, 2016, 12:04 AM.
    kubuntu version: 16.04.5 LTS

Laptop: Toshiba-Satellite-L350

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
      Code:
      ubuntu-drivers devices
      recommended nvidia-340 for you ,,,,,,,,,,if you wish to try it ,,,,do

Code:
      sudo apt install nvidia-340
      is their a key to turn wifi on/of that you may be activating accidentally ?

dose "rfkill" show any devices it is aware of
      Code:
      vinny@vinny-Bonobo-Extreme:~$ rfkill list
      0: hci0: Bluetooth
              Soft blocked: no
              Hard blocked: no
      1: phy0: Wireless LAN
      the next time the net drops out check rfkill and see if something has blocked it .

you can allso run it (rfkill)as a monitor in a terminal to display block/unblock events ,,,,,,,hear is an exampel.

Code:
      vinny@vinny-Bonobo-Extreme:~$ rfkill event
      1471110351.186936: idx 0 type 2 op 0 soft 0 hard 0  ]--------------------|
      1471110351.187001: idx 1 type 1 op 0 soft 0 hard 0  ]--------------------| these are the 2 devices it is monitoring 
      1471110467.466012: idx 1 type 1 op 2 [COLOR=#ff0000]soft 1[/COLOR] hard 0  >------------{this is me using networkmanager to put it(wifi) in "airplane" mode and just popped up in the terminal as it happened} 
      1471110475.319107: idx 1 type 1 op 2 [COLOR=#0000ff]soft 0[/COLOR] hard 0 >-------------{this is me unblocking it and again popped up in the terminal as I unblocked it}
      to quit the monitoring press ctrl+c ........

VINNY

It has just dropped

andrew@andrew-Dell-DM061:~$ rfkill list
      0: phy0: Wireless LAN

Does not look like anything has blocked the signal

I wonder if I need to move the router closer to the pc. I have never had to do this before with any previous operating system

PS. With ISP connected:

andrew@andrew-Dell-DM061:~$ rfkill event
      1471153250.394714: idx 0 type 1 op 0 soft 0 hard 0
      Last edited by anonprivate; Aug 13, 2016, 11:42 PM.

Comment

I have now installed:

nvidia-304/xenial,now 304.131-0ubuntu3 i386 [installed]
        NVIDIA legacy binary driver - version 304.131

Still disconnecting from the ISP and getting flashes.

It also disconnected during the installation, but only in the latter stages. Hopefully all packages were downloaded prior to the disconnection - I think that they were.

A reboot might help

Comment

It took four reboots to get a satisfactory boot into kubuntu. I have tried to reboot previously, and with difficulty. k did not seen to fully install after I entered my password. On some occasions, when I thought the system had booted correctly, I could not access the launcher, or the networks. The networks have a habit of disappearing. When this happens I can't see any networks

I also noted a disconnection when a page was difficult to load.

I am wondering if I should return to version 16.04.

If this OS (16.04) causes problems, I could either download and re-inatstall 14.04, or consider another ubuntu flavour.

If the latter, I would like FF as the browser, LibreOffice and a configurable OS
          Last edited by anonprivate; Aug 14, 2016, 11:57 PM.

Comment

I have just lost the networking connection.

I types sudo service network-manager restart and re-activate the wifi icon.

Is this a clue to the problem?

For some reason if I start, say, the terminal it appears in the foreground at the top left-hand side of the screen, and will not move, or close. How can I move and close it?. Same for Dolphin. Just lost the connection again. Started it with the restart

Comment

This thread is a mass of confusion. In msg #1 you state that you are running 16.04.1 from a LiveDVD. In #2 you say you have 16.04 on your HD and that is is running well. Subsequently you suggest that you upgraded a previous version of Kubuntu to get to 16.04. Later you say 16.04 is NOT running well but don't explicitly say why when asked. Then you state that you have installed 16.04.1 on you HD but don't say how. All the while you are trying to fix NVIDIA driver problems on one of them, leaving the impression it is the LiveDVD, which would be impossible to fix since a burned RO DVD cannot be reburned.

Now, you state that the 16.04.1 version now on your HD is constantly:
              1 dropping the wireless connection (only, or has it dropped a wired connection as well)
              2 you are getting screen artifacts with mouse movements
              3 when a Konsole opens on your display it is locked in the first quadrant and cannot be moved or closed

Question: Is the current installation on your HD a result of a reinstall from the 16.04.1 LiveDVD?
              If so: did you verify its checksum before you installed it?

If 16.04.1 was arrived at by upgrading a 14.xx or 15.xx installation the odds are that artifacts from the previous version are interfering with 16.04.1. IMHO such upgrades often result in troublesome installations.

Judging from your many problems I suggest it would be quicker and easier to take the following steps (you've been fighting your current problems for 8 days, what I will suggest may take less than 1/2 day):

1. download the latest image of 16.04.x AND verify the ISO image checksum
              2. Burn the image onto a DVD with verify after write enabled
              3. Do a clean install from the verified LiveDVD.
              4. Run it for a few days using it just as it is after the installation BEFORE you make any changes (adding, changing, or deleting pigs) so that the stability of the base install against your hardware can be established
              5. Only after a stable base line install has been established should you start adding pkgs, one at a time with testing. That way you are working with only one variable at a time, and not 2, 3 or 4, as you are now doing.
              Last edited by GreyGeek; Aug 15, 2016, 09:48 AM.
              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
              – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

This is what happens when people install an OS that does not function correctly. What I said I did and observed actually happened and was observed. If you follow the thread you will note the path

The installs were clean. I always download from the official ubuntu site.

Many people have had the sort of problems that I have experienced with version 16.04.1.

As you know, I am experimenting to see what works best with my machine, working with live disks and then possibly installing.

At present, I am running 16.04 from a live DVD. I still note graphical anomalies, but the wifi connection has not yet dropped. I note that I am using the Nouveau graphics driver, and hesitate to think of installing the nvidea driver because of previous difficulties with 16.04.1.

At present, the best advice you can give me is to tell me how to eliminate the graphical anomalies

PS. The current install on th hard drive is 16.04.1 (installed from a liveDVD) and the video driver is nvidea 304

I have been struggling for a long time, and will continue to persevere until I get a satisfactory install - if necessary changing the ubuntu flavour
                Last edited by anonprivate; Aug 15, 2016, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by anonprivate View Post
                  I am wondering if I should return to version 16.04.
                  If you install the available updates for 16.04 you basically end up with 16.04.1 anyway.

So if you plan to keep your install up to date by applying updates, it would be futile installing the original 16.04.
                  On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Originally posted by acheron View Post
                    If you install the available updates for 16.04 you basically end up with 16.04.1 anyway.

So if you plan to keep your install up to date by applying updates, it would be futile installing the original 16.04.
                    So far I have not been disconnected from the Internet using 16.04 as al ive DVD OS. I do, however, still experience graphical anomalies.

The live DVD is using Noveau as the graphics driver which may account for the graphical anomalies. But again, I have not yet been disconnected.

On the hard drive I have version 16.04.1 installed and have installed the video driver Nvidia 304, which is the recommended driver.

In this case, the graphical anomalies disappeared, but disconnections from the ISP occurred.

To answer your question, I would apply the updates.

I am wondering if it might be best to re-install Noveau on 16.04.1 in the hope that disconnections would stop, but, then graphical anomalies would be likely to return.

I do not know what to do for the best. I could return to 14.04, but I do like to have the latest OS. I could also explore other flavours of ubuntu

Someone in another thread suggested upgrading the kernel. I don't know.
                    Ref. https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2333291

Ps. Any idea how I can eliminate the graphical anomalies and remain connected to the ISP when using version 16.04.1
                    Last edited by anonprivate; Aug 15, 2016, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by anonprivate View Post

I am wondering if it might be best to re-install Noveau on 16.04.1 in the hope that disconnections would stop, but, then graphical anomalies would be likely to return.
                      the graphics driver dose not have anything to do with the network dropping out ,,,,,,,,if the graphics are good now then it's time to start trouble shooting the network.......it's a separate issue.

what network device do you have that is dropping the connection ?

VINNY
                      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                      16GB RAM
                      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
                        the graphics driver dose not have anything to do with the network dropping out ,,,,,,,,if the graphics are good now then it's time to start trouble shooting the network.......it's a separate issue.

what network device do you have that is dropping the connection ?

VINNY
                        I am not sure of the correct command.

Is this the information needed?

*-network
                        description: Wireless interface
                        product: RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
                        vendor: Ralink corp.
                        physical id: 2
                        bus info: pci@0000:03:02.0
                        logical name: wlp3s2
                        version: 00
                        serial: 00:1f:1f:51:1a:74
                        width: 32 bits
                        clock: 33MHz
                        capabilities: pm bus_master cap_list ethernet physical wireless

Is this information useful:

andrew@andrew-Dell-DM061:~$ ifconfig
                        enp0s25 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:1c:c0:0a:d4:fe
                        UP BROADCAST MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
                        RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
                        TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
                        collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
                        RX bytes:0 (0.0 B) TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)
                        Interrupt:21 Memory:dffe0000-e0000000

lo Link encap:Local Loopback
                        inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
                        inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
                        UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:65536 Metric:1
                        RX packets:4704 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
                        TX packets:4704 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
                        collisions:0 txqueuelen:1
                        RX bytes:348663 (348.6 KB) TX bytes:348663 (348.6 KB)

wlp3s2 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:1f:1f:51:1a:74
                        inet addr:192.168.1.64 Bcast:192.168.1.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
                        inet6 addr: fe80::f672:4305:5709:bb27/64 Scope:Link
                        UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
                        RX packets:25 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
                        TX packets:100 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
                        RX bytes:3443 (3.4 KB) TX bytes:14511 (14.5 KB)

I also note that Plasma crashes on occasions, often needing a reboot.

Ps. Someone on another forum was having disconnection problems. He suggested disabling ipv6 on the ISP connection. I will try this. Are there any disadvantages to disabling this function?
                        Last edited by anonprivate; Aug 16, 2016, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Let's collect the needed wireless information about your system.

Open a konsole. Copy and paste the following command:

Code:
                          wget -N -t 5 -T 10 [COLOR=#000000]https://github.com/UbuntuForums/wireless-info/raw/master/wireless-info[/COLOR] && chmod +x wireless-info && ./wireless-info && chmod +x wireless-info && ./wireless-info && kate wireless-info.txt
                          The resulting file will be opened in the Kate Editor. It may open 'read-only' due to encoding characters not recognized. That's okay, as you aren't going to do any editing on the file anyway. Just copy everything and paste it into your reply here.
                          Last edited by Snowhog; Aug 16, 2016, 09:52 AM.
                          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                            Let's collect the needed wireless information about your system.

Open a konsole. Copy and paste the following command:

Code:
                            wget -N -t 5 -T 10 [COLOR=#000000]https://github.com/UbuntuForums/wireless-info/raw/master/wireless-info[/COLOR] && chmod +x wireless-info && ./wireless-info && chmod +x wireless-info && ./wireless-info && kate wireless-info.txt
                            The resulting file will be opened in the Kate Editor. It may open 'read-only' due to encoding characters not recognized. That's okay, as you aren't going to do any editing on the file anyway. Just copy everything and paste it into your reply here.
                            WOW!
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Bow_Down_smiley.gif
Views:	7
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	643276

Where did you learn about that?
                            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Here are the data:

########## wireless info START ##########

Report from: 16 Aug 2016 18:15 BST +0100

Booted last: 16 Aug 2016 00:00 BST +0100

Script from: 08 Jul 2016 02:16 UTC +0000

##### release ###########################

Distributor ID: Ubuntu
                              Description: Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS
                              Release: 16.04
                              Codename: xenial

##### kernel ############################

Linux 4.4.0-34-generic #53-Ubuntu SMP Wed Jul 27 16:06:28 UTC 2016 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux

Parameters: ro, quiet, splash

##### desktop ###########################

/usr/share/xsessions/plasma

##### lspci #############################

00:19.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation 82562V 10/100 Network Connection [8086:104c] (rev 02)
                              Subsystem: Dell 82562V 10/100 Network Connection [1028:01dd]
                              Kernel driver in use: e1000e

03:02.0 Network controller [0280]: Ralink corp. RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI [1814:0301]
                              Subsystem: Edimax Computer Co. RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI [1432:7128]
                              Kernel driver in use: rt61pci

##### lsusb #############################

Bus 002 Device 004: ID 0424:2504 Standard Microsystems Corp. USB 2.0 Hub
                              Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
                              Bus 007 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
                              Bus 006 Device 003: ID 413c:2003 Dell Computer Corp. Keyboard
                              Bus 006 Device 002: ID 2188:0ae1
                              Bus 006 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
                              Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
                              Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
                              Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
                              Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub

##### PCMCIA card info ##################

##### rfkill ############################

0: phy0: Wireless LAN

##### lsmod #############################

rt61pci 28672 0
                              rt2x00pci 16384 1 rt61pci
                              rt2x00mmio 16384 1 rt61pci
                              rt2x00lib 49152 3 rt61pci,rt2x00pci,rt2x00mmio
                              mac80211 659456 2 rt2x00lib,rt2x00pci
                              cfg80211 499712 2 mac80211,rt2x00lib
                              eeprom_93cx6 16384 1 rt61pci
                              crc_itu_t 16384 1 rt61pci

##### interfaces ########################

auto lo
                              iface lo inet loopback

##### ifconfig ##########################

enp0s25 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr <MAC 'enp0s25' [IF1]>
                              UP BROADCAST MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
                              RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
                              TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
                              RX bytes:0 (0.0 B) TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)
                              Interrupt:21 Memory:dffe0000-e0000000

wlp3s2 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr <MAC 'wlp3s2' [IF2]>
                              inet addr:192.168.1.64 Bcast:192.168.1.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
                              inet6 addr: fe80::<IP6 'wlp3s2' [IF2]>/64 Scope:Link
                              UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
                              RX packets:6410 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
                              TX packets:7249 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
                              RX bytes:4227159 (4.2 MB) TX bytes:1083110 (1.0 MB)

##### iwconfig ##########################

enp0s25 no wireless extensions.

lo no wireless extensions.

wlp3s2 IEEE 802.11bg ESSID:"PlusnetWireless"
                              Mode:Managed Frequency:2.462 GHz Access Point: <MAC 'PlusnetWireless' [AC1]>
                              Bit Rate=1 Mb/s Tx-Power=20 dBm
                              Retry short limit:7 RTS thrff Fragment thrff
                              Power Managementn
                              Link Quality=48/70 Signal level=-62 dBm
                              Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0
                              Tx excessive retries:123 Invalid misc:503 Missed beacon:0

##### route #############################

Kernel IP routing table
                              Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use Iface
                              0.0.0.0 192.168.1.254 0.0.0.0 UG 600 0 0 wlp3s2
                              169.254.0.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.0.0 U 1000 0 0 wlp3s2
                              192.168.1.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 600 0 0 wlp3s2

##### resolv.conf #######################

nameserver 127.0.1.1
                              search lan

##### network managers ##################

Installed:

NetworkManager

Running:

root 1961 1 0 14:45 ? 00:00:11 /usr/sbin/NetworkManager --no-daemon

##### NetworkManager info ###############

GENERAL.DEVICE: wlp3s2
                              GENERAL.TYPE: wifi
                              GENERAL.NM-TYPE: NMDeviceWifi
                              GENERAL.VENDOR: Ralink corp.
                              GENERAL.PRODUCT: RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
                              GENERAL.DRIVER: rt61pci
                              GENERAL.DRIVER-VERSION: 4.4.0-34-generic
                              GENERAL.FIRMWARE-VERSION: N/A
                              GENERAL.HWADDR: <MAC 'wlp3s2' [IF2]>
                              GENERAL.MTU: 0
                              GENERAL.STATE: 100 (connected)
                              GENERAL.REASON: 0 (No reason given)
                              GENERAL.UDI: /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1e.0/0000:03:02.0/net/wlp3s2
                              GENERAL.IP-IFACE: wlp3s2
                              GENERAL.IS-SOFTWARE: no
                              GENERAL.NM-MANAGED: yes
                              GENERAL.AUTOCONNECT: yes
                              GENERAL.FIRMWARE-MISSING: no
                              GENERAL.NM-PLUGIN-MISSING: no
                              GENERAL.PHYS-PORT-ID: --
                              GENERAL.CONNECTION: PlusnetWireless
                              GENERAL.CON-UUID: 227fc625-086b-4fb0-be24-5a3476cfd85d
                              GENERAL.CON-PATH: /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/ActiveConnection/43
                              GENERAL.METERED: no (guessed)
                              CAPABILITIES.CARRIER-DETECT: no
                              CAPABILITIES.SPEED: 1 Mb/s
                              CAPABILITIES.IS-SOFTWARE: no
                              WIFI-PROPERTIES.WEP: yes
                              WIFI-PROPERTIES.WPA: yes
                              WIFI-PROPERTIES.WPA2: yes
                              WIFI-PROPERTIES.TKIP: yes
                              WIFI-PROPERTIES.CCMP: yes
                              WIFI-PROPERTIES.AP: yes
                              WIFI-PROPERTIES.ADHOC: yes
                              WIFI-PROPERTIES.2GHZ: yes
                              WIFI-PROPERTIES.5GHZ: no
                              CONNECTIONS.AVAILABLE-CONNECTION-PATHS: /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Settings/{0,1}
                              CONNECTIONS.AVAILABLE-CONNECTIONS[1]: a9b1585f-5072-4d39-be9d-550e04664b79 | BTWifi-with-FON
                              CONNECTIONS.AVAILABLE-CONNECTIONS[2]: 227fc625-086b-4fb0-be24-5a3476cfd85d | PlusnetWireless
                              IP4.ADDRESS[1]: 192.168.1.64/24
                              IP4.GATEWAY: 192.168.1.254
                              IP4.ROUTE[1]: dst = 169.254.0.0/16, nh = 0.0.0.0, mt = 1000
                              IP4.DNS[1]: 192.168.1.254
                              IP4.DOMAIN[1]: lan
                              DHCP4.OPTION[1]: requested_routers = 1
                              DHCP4.OPTION[2]: requested_domain_search = 1
                              DHCP4.OPTION[3]: requested_time_offset = 1
                              DHCP4.OPTION[4]: requested_domain_name = 1
                              DHCP4.OPTION[5]: requested_rfc3442_classless_static_routes = 1
                              DHCP4.OPTION[6]: requested_broadcast_address = 1
                              DHCP4.OPTION[7]: requested_netbios_scope = 1
                              DHCP4.OPTION[8]: requested_wpad = 1
                              DHCP4.OPTION[9]: next_server = 0.0.0.0
                              DHCP4.OPTION[10]: expiry = 1471453895
                              DHCP4.OPTION[11]: requested_interface_mtu = 1
                              DHCP4.OPTION[12]: requested_subnet_mask = 1
                              DHCP4.OPTION[13]: routers = 192.168.1.254
                              DHCP4.OPTION[14]: dhcp_message_type = 5
                              DHCP4.OPTION[15]: ip_address = 192.168.1.64
                              DHCP4.OPTION[16]: requested_static_routes = 1
                              DHCP4.OPTION[17]: domain_name = lan
                              DHCP4.OPTION[18]: requested_domain_name_servers = 1
                              DHCP4.OPTION[19]: broadcast_address = 192.168.1.255
                              DHCP4.OPTION[20]: requested_ntp_servers = 1
                              DHCP4.OPTION[21]: requested_netbios_name_servers = 1
                              DHCP4.OPTION[22]: dhcp_lease_time = 86400
                              DHCP4.OPTION[23]: domain_name_servers = 192.168.1.254
                              DHCP4.OPTION[24]: requested_ms_classless_static_routes = 1
                              DHCP4.OPTION[25]: subnet_mask = 255.255.255.0
                              DHCP4.OPTION[26]: network_number = 192.168.1.0
                              DHCP4.OPTION[27]: requested_host_name = 1
                              DHCP4.OPTION[28]: dhcp_server_identifier = 192.168.1.254
                              IP6.ADDRESS[1]: fe80::<IP6 'wlp3s2' [IF2]>/64
                              IP6.GATEWAY:

GENERAL.DEVICE: enp0s25
                              GENERAL.TYPE: ethernet
                              GENERAL.NM-TYPE: NMDeviceEthernet
                              GENERAL.VENDOR: Intel Corporation
                              GENERAL.PRODUCT: 82562V 10/100 Network Connection
                              GENERAL.DRIVER: e1000e
                              GENERAL.DRIVER-VERSION: 3.2.6-k
                              GENERAL.FIRMWARE-VERSION: 1.1-2
                              GENERAL.HWADDR: <MAC 'enp0s25' [IF1]>
                              GENERAL.MTU: 1500
                              GENERAL.STATE: 20 (unavailable)
                              GENERAL.REASON: 2 (Device is now managed)
                              GENERAL.UDI: /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:19.0/net/enp0s25
                              GENERAL.IP-IFACE:
                              GENERAL.IS-SOFTWARE: no
                              GENERAL.NM-MANAGED: yes
                              GENERAL.AUTOCONNECT: yes
                              GENERAL.FIRMWARE-MISSING: no
                              GENERAL.NM-PLUGIN-MISSING: no
                              GENERAL.PHYS-PORT-ID: --
                              GENERAL.CONNECTION: --
                              GENERAL.CON-UUID: --
                              GENERAL.CON-PATH: --
                              GENERAL.METERED: unknown
                              CAPABILITIES.CARRIER-DETECT: yes
                              CAPABILITIES.SPEED: unknown
                              CAPABILITIES.IS-SOFTWARE: no
                              WIRED-PROPERTIES.CARRIER: off
                              CONNECTIONS.AVAILABLE-CONNECTION-PATHS:

SSID BSSID MODE CHAN FREQ RATE SIGNAL BARS SECURITY ACTIVE *
                              PlusnetWireless <MAC 'PlusnetWireless' [AC1]> Infra 11 2462 MHz 54 Mbit/s 60 ▂▄▆_ WPA1 WPA2 yes *
                              BTWifi-X <MAC 'BTWifi-X' [AN2]> Infra 6 2437 MHz 54 Mbit/s 40 ▂▄__ WPA1 WPA2 802.1X no
                              BTWifi-with-FON <MAC 'BTWifi-with-FON' [AC2]> Infra 6 2437 MHz 54 Mbit/s 30 ▂___ -- no

##### NetworkManager.state ##############

[main]
                              NetworkingEnabled=true
                              WirelessEnabled=true
                              WWANEnabled=true

##### NetworkManager.conf ###############

[main]
                              plugins=ifupdown,keyfile,ofono
                              dns=dnsmasq

[ifupdown]
                              managed=false

##### NetworkManager profiles ###########

[[/etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/PlusnetWireless]] (600 root)
                              [connection] id=PlusnetWireless | type=wifi | permissions=
                              [wifi] mac-address=<MAC 'wlp3s2' [IF2]> | mac-address-blacklist= | ssid=PlusnetWireless
                              [ipv4] method=auto
                              [ipv6] method=ignore

[[/etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/BTWifi-with-FON]] (600 root)
                              [connection] id=BTWifi-with-FON | type=wifi | permissions=user:andrew:;
                              [wifi] mac-address=<MAC 'wlp3s2' [IF2]> | mac-address-blacklist= | ssid=BTWifi-with-FON
                              [ipv4] method=auto
                              [ipv6] method=auto

##### iw reg get ########################

Region: Europe/London (based on set time zone)

country 00: DFS-UNSET
                              (2402 - 2472 @ 40), (N/A, 20), (N/A)
                              (2457 - 2482 @ 40), (N/A, 20), (N/A), NO-IR
                              (2474 - 2494 @ 20), (N/A, 20), (N/A), NO-OFDM, NO-IR
                              (5170 - 5250 @ 80), (N/A, 20), (N/A), NO-IR
                              (5250 - 5330 @ 80), (N/A, 20), (0 ms), DFS, NO-IR
                              (5490 - 5730 @ 160), (N/A, 20), (0 ms), DFS, NO-IR
                              (5735 - 5835 @ 80), (N/A, 20), (N/A), NO-IR
                              (57240 - 63720 @ 2160), (N/A, 0), (N/A)

##### iwlist channels ###################

enp0s25 no frequency information.

lo no frequency information.

wlp3s2 14 channels in total; available frequencies :
                              Channel 01 : 2.412 GHz
                              Channel 02 : 2.417 GHz
                              Channel 03 : 2.422 GHz
                              Channel 04 : 2.427 GHz
                              Channel 05 : 2.432 GHz
                              Channel 06 : 2.437 GHz
                              Channel 07 : 2.442 GHz
                              Channel 08 : 2.447 GHz
                              Channel 09 : 2.452 GHz
                              Channel 10 : 2.457 GHz
                              Channel 11 : 2.462 GHz
                              Channel 12 : 2.467 GHz
                              Channel 13 : 2.472 GHz
                              Channel 14 : 2.484 GHz
                              Current Frequency=2.462 GHz (Channel 11)

##### iwlist scan #######################

enp0s25 Interface doesn't support scanning.

lo Interface doesn't support scanning.

Channel occupancy:

1 APs on Frequency:2.437 GHz (Channel 6)
                              1 APs on Frequency:2.462 GHz (Channel 11)

wlp3s2 Scan completed :
                              Cell 01 - Address: <MAC 'PlusnetWireless' [AC1]>
                              Channel:11
                              Frequency:2.462 GHz (Channel 11)
                              Quality=48/70 Signal level=-62 dBm
                              Encryption keyn
                              ESSID:"PlusnetWireless"
                              Bit Rates:1 Mb/s; 2 Mb/s; 5.5 Mb/s; 11 Mb/s; 18 Mb/s
                              24 Mb/s; 36 Mb/s; 54 Mb/s
                              Bit Rates:6 Mb/s; 9 Mb/s; 12 Mb/s; 48 Mb/s
                              Mode:Master
                              Extra:tsf=000000350629be86
                              Extra: Last beacon: 3340ms ago
                              IE: IEEE 802.11i/WPA2 Version 1
                              Group Cipher : TKIP
                              Pairwise Ciphers (2) : CCMP TKIP
                              Authentication Suites (1) : PSK
                              IE: WPA Version 1
                              Group Cipher : TKIP
                              Pairwise Ciphers (2) : CCMP TKIP
                              Authentication Suites (1) : PSK
                              Cell 02 - Address: <MAC 'BTWifi-with-FON' [AC2]>
                              Channel:6
                              Frequency:2.437 GHz (Channel 6)
                              Quality=28/70 Signal level=-82 dBm
                              Encryption keyff
                              ESSID:"BTWifi-with-FON"
                              Bit Rates:1 Mb/s; 2 Mb/s; 5.5 Mb/s; 11 Mb/s; 6 Mb/s
                              9 Mb/s; 12 Mb/s; 18 Mb/s
                              Bit Rates:24 Mb/s; 36 Mb/s; 48 Mb/s; 54 Mb/s
                              Mode:Master
                              Extra:tsf=00000016d80a7180
                              Extra: Last beacon: 6768ms ago

##### module infos ######################

[rt61pci]
                              filename: /lib/modules/4.4.0-34-generic/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt61pci.ko
                              license: GPL
                              firmware: rt2661.bin
                              firmware: rt2561s.bin
                              firmware: rt2561.bin
                              description: Ralink RT61 PCI & PCMCIA Wireless LAN driver.
                              version: 2.3.0
                              author: http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com
                              srcversion: 147116748700BC2C93D5888
                              depends: rt2x00lib,rt2x00mmio,rt2x00pci,eeprom_93cx6,crc-itu-t
                              intree: Y
                              vermagic: 4.4.0-34-generic SMP mod_unload modversions 686
                              parm: nohwcryptisable hardware encryption. (bool)

[rt2x00pci]
                              filename: /lib/modules/4.4.0-34-generic/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt2x00pci.ko
                              description: rt2x00 pci library
                              srcversion: 543B84557258F153AC267F0
                              depends: rt2x00lib,mac80211

[rt2x00mmio]
                              filename: /lib/modules/4.4.0-34-generic/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt2x00mmio.ko
                              description: rt2x00 mmio library
                              srcversion: ADBE279820CFD0A1081C682
                              depends: rt2x00lib

[rt2x00lib]
                              filename: /lib/modules/4.4.0-34-generic/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt2x00lib.ko
                              description: rt2x00 library
                              srcversion: 72E39180D883A5541F66494
                              depends: mac80211,cfg80211

[mac80211]
                              filename: /lib/modules/4.4.0-34-generic/kernel/net/mac80211/mac80211.ko
                              description: IEEE 802.11 subsystem
                              srcversion: 2FFAEED0245CA1D97FE1E44
                              depends: cfg80211
                              parm: minstrel_vht_only:Use only VHT rates when VHT is supported by sta. (bool)
                              parm: max_nullfunc_tries:Maximum nullfunc tx tries before disconnecting (reason 4). (int)
                              parm: max_probe_tries:Maximum probe tries before disconnecting (reason 4). (int)
                              parm: beacon_loss_count:Number of beacon intervals before we decide beacon was lost. (int)
                              parm: probe_wait_ms:Maximum time(ms) to wait for probe response before disconnecting (reason 4). (int)
                              parm: ieee80211_default_rc_algoefault rate control algorithm for mac80211 to use (charp)

[cfg80211]
                              filename: /lib/modules/4.4.0-34-generic/kernel/net/wireless/cfg80211.ko
                              description: wireless configuration support
                              author: Johannes Berg
                              srcversion: 25A45701AAA64DAC1E47D9D
                              depends:
                              parm: ieee80211_regdom:IEEE 802.11 regulatory domain code (charp)
                              parm: cfg80211_disable_40mhz_24ghzisable 40MHz support in the 2.4GHz band (bool)

##### module parameters #################

[rt61pci]
                              nohwcrypt: N

[mac80211]
                              beacon_loss_count: 7
                              ieee80211_default_rc_algo: minstrel_ht
                              max_nullfunc_tries: 2
                              max_probe_tries: 5
                              minstrel_vht_only: Y
                              probe_wait_ms: 500

[cfg80211]
                              cfg80211_disable_40mhz_24ghz: N
                              ieee80211_regdom: 00

##### /etc/modules ######################

##### modprobe options ##################

[/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-ath_pci.conf]
                              blacklist ath_pci

[/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf]
                              blacklist evbug
                              blacklist usbmouse
                              blacklist usbkbd
                              blacklist eepro100
                              blacklist de4x5
                              blacklist eth1394
                              blacklist snd_intel8x0m
                              blacklist snd_aw2
                              blacklist i2c_i801
                              blacklist prism54
                              blacklist bcm43xx
                              blacklist garmin_gps
                              blacklist asus_acpi
                              blacklist snd_pcsp
                              blacklist pcspkr
                              blacklist amd76x_edac

[/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-rare-network.conf]
                              alias net-pf-3 off
                              alias net-pf-6 off
                              alias net-pf-9 off
                              alias net-pf-11 off
                              alias net-pf-12 off
                              alias net-pf-19 off
                              alias net-pf-21 off
                              alias net-pf-36 off

[/etc/modprobe.d/iwlwifi.conf]
                              remove iwlwifi \
                              (/sbin/lsmod | grep -o -e ^iwlmvm -e ^iwldvm -e ^iwlwifi | xargs /sbin/rmmod) \
                              && /sbin/modprobe -r mac80211

[/etc/modprobe.d/mlx4.conf]
                              softdep mlx4_core post: mlx4_en

##### rc.local ##########################

exit 0

##### pm-utils ##########################

##### udev rules ########################

##### dmesg #############################

[12388.396035] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 2 failed to flush (repeated 6 times)
                              [12429.336036] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 0 failed to flush (repeated 5 times)
                              [12431.668050] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 2 failed to flush (repeated 6 times)
                              [12434.116054] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 0 failed to flush
                              [12434.276040] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 2 failed to flush
                              [12434.436046] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 0 failed to flush
                              [12434.596036] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 2 failed to flush
                              [12435.028034] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 0 failed to flush
                              [12435.188051] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 2 failed to flush
                              [12435.348033] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 0 failed to flush
                              [12435.508194] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 2 failed to flush
                              [12435.992059] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 0 failed to flush
                              [12436.152048] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 2 failed to flush
                              [12436.312093] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 0 failed to flush
                              [12436.472098] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 2 failed to flush (repeated 3 times)
                              [12457.384031] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 0 failed to flush (repeated 6 times)
                              [12494.272068] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 2 failed to flush
                              [12494.432030] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 0 failed to flush
                              [12494.592066] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 2 failed to flush
                              [12495.024053] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 0 failed to flush
                              [12495.184056] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 2 failed to flush
                              [12495.344059] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 0 failed to flush
                              [12495.508062] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 2 failed to flush
                              [12495.940062] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 0 failed to flush
                              [12496.100032] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 2 failed to flush
                              [12496.260045] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 0 failed to flush
                              [12496.420060] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 2 failed to flush
                              [12496.852060] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 0 failed to flush
                              [12497.012029] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 2 failed to flush
                              [12497.172045] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 0 failed to flush
                              [12497.332077] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 2 failed to flush
                              [12497.764083] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 0 failed to flush
                              [12497.924031] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 2 failed to flush
                              [12498.084059] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 0 failed to flush
                              [12498.251561] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 2 failed to flush
                              [12498.684048] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 0 failed to flush
                              [12498.844050] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 2 failed to flush
                              [12499.004113] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 0 failed to flush
                              [12499.164033] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 2 failed to flush
                              [12499.596035] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 0 failed to flush
                              [12499.756030] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 2 failed to flush
                              [12499.916052] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 0 failed to flush
                              [12500.076048] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 2 failed to flush
                              [12500.572030] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 0 failed to flush
                              [12500.732026] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 2 failed to flush
                              [12500.892033] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 0 failed to flush
                              [12501.052034] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 2 failed to flush
                              [12501.536054] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 0 failed to flush
                              [12501.696024] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 2 failed to flush
                              [12501.856025] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 0 failed to flush
                              [12502.016026] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 2 failed to flush
                              [12502.500051] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 0 failed to flush
                              [12502.660028] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 2 failed to flush
                              [12502.820025] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 0 failed to flush
                              [12502.980033] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 2 failed to flush
                              [12511.572028] ieee80211 phy0: rt2x00queue_flush_queue: Warning - Queue 0 failed to flush (repeated 24 times)

########## wireless info END ############
                              Last edited by Snowhog; Aug 20, 2016, 09:35 PM.

Comment

I am wondering why I posted these data

Comment

Working...
                                X