Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The directory /Completed Downloads/ does not exist, do you want to create it? Ktorre

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The directory /Completed Downloads/ does not exist, do you want to create it? Ktorre

I have installed and re-installed Ktorrent in Kubuntu 14.04 LTS. Each time I attempt to download a torrent, a window opens with " The directory/Completed Downloads/ does not exist, do you want to create it?

If I choose "Yes" nothing changes because I do have a /Completed Downloads folder. How do I get Ktorrent to recognize the folder? Thanks

In the ktorrent menu

Settings > Configure Ktorrent

there should be an Application section where you can manually set directories for downloads and completed downloads, by entering the path or navigating to them.

From Yakkety, but should be the same options...

Last edited by acheron; Jun 05, 2016, 08:19 AM.
    On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Chicken stupidstition, but personally, I would rename my folder to Completed_Downloads, with the under score, not the blank character.
      An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

I did configure Ktorrent and entered the folder /Completed Downloads. I also created a folder in /home/steven as /Completed Downloads. Nevertheless, apparently ktorrent ignores the directory. Thanks for the input. Any further recommendation will be appreciated Shab

Originally posted by acheron View Post
        In the ktorrent menu

Settings > Configure Ktorrent

there should be an Application section where you can manually set directories for downloads and completed downloads, by entering the path or navigating to them.

From Yakkety, but should be the same options...

Comment

Something I noticed when checking the recommendations, the folder "Completed Downloads" is underlined. That is not something I did when creating the folder. I do not understand the implication of such underline, but I believe it is the reason, Ktorrent does not recognize the Directory. Can you explain what is happening. I don't remember it ever happening before.
          Shab

Comment

Where is it underlined? Dolphin, Konsole or Ktorrent?

I agree with @Qmike about not having spaces in file or directory names.

--- edit ---

Never mind. I just got it, you mean Completed_Downloads vs Completed Downloads. Spaces in names can cause problems unless you deal with them as @Snowhog said. Personally I have the structure /home/elija/Downloads/Completed.
            Last edited by elijathegold; Jun 05, 2016, 10:39 AM.
            If you're sitting wondering,
            Which Batman is the best,
            There's only one true answer my friend,
            It's Adam Bloody West!

Comment

It isn't possible to create a directory that is underlined.

As to getting KTorrent to recognize /home/steven/Completed Downloads, just enclose the full path in quotes:

"/home/steve/Completed Downloads"

Or, include the required escape character so the space is recognized:

/home/steve/Completed\ Downloads

Either way should work.
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

If it's still ignoring them, I think I would omit any attempt at spaces or pseudo-spacing in the folder name.

i.e. just use CompletedDownloads with no spaces
                On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Dolphin

Originally posted by elijathegold View Post
                  Where is it underlined? Dolphin, Konsole or Ktorrent?

I agree with @Qmike about not having spaces in file or directory names.

--- edit ---

Never mind. I just got it, you mean Completed_Downloads vs Completed Downloads. Spaces in names can cause problems unless you deal with them as @Snowhog said. Personally I have the structure /home/elija/Downloads/Completed.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Completed.png
Views:	1
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	643232

Comment

Originally posted by Shabakthanai View Post
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]6600[/ATTACH]
                      Ah. that's just highlighting the directory that will open when enter is pressed. The Up / Down / Left / Right keys navigate the list
                      It's Adam Bloody West!

Comment

While working the problem, I found something that may be relevant, yet, I don't seem able to resolve. If I selecte the /Completed folder and open to an empty folder, when I look at the address bar of the folder, it shows a space before the following "/". Like this /home/steven/Completed / , instead of /home/steven/Completed/. I neither understand the implication or how to change the result. Shab

Originally posted by elijathegold View Post
                        Ah. that's just highlighting the directory that will open when enter is pressed. The Up / Down / Left / Right keys navigate the list

Comment

It appears that you named that file Completed followed by a space. That ending space then becomes part of the name.

So, in your example,
                          /home/steven/Completed /
                          is valid, but is different than
                          /home/steven/Completed/

You can name it whatever you wish, but having that space involved will always--I think--complicate things.
                          An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

OK,Go back up a level to /home/steven and make sure that Completed is underlined. Press F" to rename the folder and delete the trailing space. KDE requires you press Enter to save the change unlike other environments like Gnome
                            It's Adam Bloody West!

Comment

i.e., that space becomes part of the name; in fact, a valid part -- valid, though confusing.

Comment

Working...
                              X