This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mp3 converter

as most people are .. i am a lover of music, so i used to be able to convert youTube videos to mp3 for play on my media player i have on LINUX MINT KDE 17.3 .... ive recently done a re-installation of my system 2 days ago .... today i tried to convert a song from youTube with the same ole youTube to MP3 file converter that ive been using for at least a year ..... the problem is, now when i use that same converter it is not working .. usually the file downloads and goes straight to my DOWNLOADS folder to access ... not doing that now, all im getting is some type of blue an white pattern on the bottom of the screen when i attempt to download to mp3 ... anyone have any solutions ??

Originally posted by akqj10 View Post
    ive recently done a re-installation of my system
    And what 'system' would that be?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

In the interim, you can use an online converter to go from mp4? to mp3 if you download the video.
      Kubuntu 14.04 / KDE 4.13.3 / GRUB Version: 0.97-29ubuntu66
      HP15 -
      -f033wm Laptop / CPU: Intel / GPU: Intel Corporation Atom Processor / RAM: 8GB / Hard Drive: 1 each / Seagate / Optical Drive: HP DVDRW GUB0N / Windows 10

Comment

the system in question is what system .... linux mint KDE 17.3 ... just as i wrote in my question i posted ... if i installed any other distro (system) dont u think i maybe would of mentioned that so as i dont get the wrong info pertaining to another distro ?? so sir .... might u hav anysugguestions as far as a solution goes to disclose on this post ?? if not, thanks for your effort ....

Comment

can u recommend any reliable ones ?? im quite sure i can do a google search but im the type of guy that likes to hear what people are using as a personal preffernece an i like to try what people suggest instead the same ole same ole google search thing ...

Comment

the system in question is what system .... linux mint KDE 17.3
            We are a 'Kubuntu' Linux forum, not a 'Mint' Linux forum. Have you inquired on their forum?
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I ran Linux Mint KDE 17.3 for three months earlier this year. It is a fine distro. Their community forum recommends this .

Here is one use of ffmpeg
              ffmpeg -i foo.mp4 -ar 22050 bar.mp3
              You can use 44000 for higher fidelity if the source provides it.
              Last edited by GreyGeek; Jun 02, 2016, 07:39 AM.
              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
              – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

This will do it. Just tested it. A bit slow on the upload probably due to my low end DSL. http://www.onlinevideoconverter.com/convert-mp4-to-mp3
                HP15 -
                -f033wm Laptop / CPU: Intel / GPU: Intel Corporation Atom Processor / RAM: 8GB / Hard Drive: 1 each / Seagate / Optical Drive: HP DVDRW GUB0N / Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by logan01 View Post
                  This will do it. Just tested it. A bit slow on the upload probably due to my low end DSL. http://www.onlinevideoconverter.com/convert-mp4-to-mp3

apparently that link is not working properly ..

Comment

i am not in the know on how to execute the information set forth from u sir .... please help, thnX

Comment

im not exactly sure how to use the info u hav given ... is it a terminal command ?? please help ... thnX

Comment

The link works for me though it isn't a blue color. If it doesn't work for you, simply copy/paste to the address bar.
                        HP15 -

Comment

the command GreyGeek gave you is for running in konsole.
                          you can also use VLC to convert video / audio .
                          use the stream / convert option in the file menu .. here is a simple guide for how to do it

http://www.guidingtech.com/8848/use-...at-to-another/
                          Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
                          (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Which "sir"?
                            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Worked fine for me when I clicked on it.
                              ​"Keep it between the ditches"
                              K*Digest Blog
                              K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X