This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Configuring A Printer

I was unable to configure a Lexmark printer because I could not obtain a suitable driver. However, a friend has given me an Epson SX 100 printer and I would like to try and configure this device.

I used tools and the printer facility in kubuntu, but all I saw was options for network and Windows printers. Are there any drivers within kubuntu? I also have an installation disk, but it looks like it is meant for Windows.

Advice please.
    kubuntu version: 16.04.5 LTS

Laptop: Toshiba-Satellite-L350

Hello. Installing printers on Kubuntu is easier than Windows most of the time. Please check out this quick guide first, then report back if you still have problems.
    https://help.ubuntu.com/16.04/ubuntu...ing-setup.html
    ​"Keep it between the ditches"
    K*Digest Blog
    K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

I was able to install the Epson printer without difficulty. This printer was initially installed on a Windows machine. I do not see any of the ink volumes etc that I noticed when it was run under Windows.

I note that I was unable to install the Lexmark printer. In this case no actions occurred. I don't know why.

I am still wondering if I can see the printer drivers installed on my machine.

Kind regards.
      kubuntu version: 16.04.5 LTS

Laptop: Toshiba-Satellite-L350

Comment

Working...
      X