This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

File System Support

"This is all I am allowed to upload. Do I have a bad version of this o/s? I thought I installed Kubuntu 16.04 lts. I read your 'how to' and the only option I see is to input a url (insert image from url, no tabs to upload). How do I get the good version (fully loaded) of Kubuntu 16.04 lts?

Well I fell like a new guy, but been using for 10 years. I am novice, not a coder. I learned command line from W~ws so my syntax is all wrong.

What happened to Kubuntu? A lot of stuff that used to come with it is missing. Now I have to load the apt-url manually and I still am unable to get appnr.com to load the aps I need to have on my systems to use for business... I hate W~ws ... I have confirmed that I have loaded apt-url, and I have configured the firefox and chrome to load the files, but no action.

Most importanly, I can't look at sdhd discs in the 32gb and up range. File system support is missing...

I have png files to submit to the forum, but I don't see the upload link...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20160520_213519.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	649113Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20160520_213810.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	649114
    Last edited by spiderman; May 22, 2016, 10:58 PM. Reason: Adding .png files for explanation.

Look at the row of Icons above your post reply. The world Icon with the red X is just to the left of the "insert Image" icon. Click on that when you want to include an image in your post. I will try to keep an eye on your post. If you still have problems uploading an image let me know.

When you click on that image, if your image comes from a file on your computer, select the "From Computer" tab, if from an URL, select the "From URL" tab.

At the bottom of that window select the box marked "Select Files", navigate to your image and select it.

Then select the "Upload" option and you have it. On your post it only shows as an "Attachment", but when you submit your post it will show the graphics.

Comment

I think the file upload option is limited because I am a new member....!!!:-(..

Comment

You could upload to somewhere like imgur and link to them from here.
        If you're sitting wondering,
        Which Batman is the best,
        There's only one true answer my friend,
        It's Adam Bloody West!

Comment

Try uploading now, new users have to have a minimum of 1 post before being able to post images, so you should be able to add them into a new reply here, now.

Comment

OK, let me rephrase this so that I may get this fixed. How do I install the the packages with the file system support tools {I need to turn the red Xs in the boxes to check marks} Command line help is appreciated.

Comment

The right-hand column from the second image tells you which command-line tool is needed for each type of file system. Most sdcards over 32gb used in phones and other devices are formatted in the new(ish) Microsoft exFat file system, as fat32 does not like such large disks supposedly. So you need to install exfat-utils package.

Comment

Thank you. I hope I can get this to install on my Tanglu as well.

Comment

Working...
                X