This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems starting kernel for install

I've got a new computer here and Kubuntu AMD64 6.06. The computer is spec'd out as:
    AMD64 x2 4600+
    Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4
    2GB DDR2 PC2 6400 Corsair
    XFX Geforce 7600GT
    250GB SATA (3Gbps) WD SE16
    Plextor SATA (3Gbps) DL DVD Burner...etc.

I've already set up several partitions (10GB for WinXP 32bit Pro SP2B, Kubunut, reserve for Vista; 2GB for swap [hey, I got the space]; rest for a common ntfs partition), and I've got windows to work very well (with an occasional blue screen on start up due to mis-matching ACPI drivers vs. the 9/1/2006 edition BIOS).

As for Kubuntu, I've stuck the CD in and tried to install... froze at the first splash screen. Tried without the quiet options, it's getting stuck at the "Begin: Running /scripts/init-premount ...". For the heck of it, since windows seems picky about ACPI, tried it with the "noacpi" option... same thing. I can't find any other boot options to try that would make sense. Does anyone have any ideas?

Re: Problems starting kernel for install

ok.. I found my problem it was the acpi, but I didn't use the correct option (needed to do acpi=off or was it acpi=no). It was in the install help anyways. Unfortunately, the install entered and bad video mode and killed the DVI input to my new monitor.

Comment

Working...
    X