Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kubuntu 14.04 LTS 64bit can't download pics from my iPhone 6?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 14.04 LTS 64bit can't download pics from my iPhone 6?

Something I do not often do, but when I connect my iPhone 6 and select Download Pictures, Glenview opens, but doesn't either recognize my phone or doesn't connect.

Been searching on Google for about an hour, can't seem to locate the solution.
    Thanks!

Go to Apple's App Store and download the free version of FileMaster
    it will create folders into which you can copy documents on your phone.
    When you open FileMaster a dialog will appear which shows the IP address of your iPhone and the ":8000" extension.
    Open a browser on Kubunto and enter 192.168.1.xxx:8000 into the search bar but with xxx replaced by the actual quad number of your situation. You can then copy files back and forth.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Will do, my friend. Thanks! It must drive you guys crazy having to help slow learners.

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
      Go to Apple's App Store and download the free version of FileMaster
      it will create folders into which you can copy documents on your phone.
      When you open FileMaster a dialog will appear which shows the IP address of your iPhone and the ":8000" extension.
      Open a browser on Kubunto and enter 192.168.1.xxx:8000 into the search bar but with xxx replaced by the actual quad number of your situation. You can then copy files back and forth.

Comment

You will be in the running for being a "slow learner" when it takes you 30 minutes to log into your Linux desktop from the login screen!
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I will always be grateful to this forum. It has given me a chance to participate in something so far over my head, I am amazed how far I have come. For about 12 years now it has been well over 99% of my contact with other humans. From the first minute I used a computer, I became prisoner to the technology, not because I ever thought I would survive the insurmountable task to even be able to use a computer, but that living in such anonymity would permit functioning minds that understand this stuff to have patience teaching me. There isn't one of you who hasn't gone out of your way to help an old man to join a group that contains 99% more capability than the weak link you keep repairing.

When I get in the hole that seems hopeless, you always find a way to prop me up. Helping me evidences the vastness of your compassion for people who are really reaching for what is almost unattainable for some.

I realize that many of you are getting older, like me, and at the peak of your knowledge and understanding, you spend valuable moments of your life helping those who without you would have to give up. Clearly you are credit to the human race.

I know I don't show much pride as a human; I don't even want any. Living the truth is much more fulfilling, and not having to be other than I am to do the things I want is a pretty rich life. And, you guys have made it that way for me this past several years. When I finally croak, I will probably be educated enough to help others, but gone so I won't be able to help others as you have helped me. Still I think I may have been useful.

My stupid questions are a mystery to many who cannot ask such stupid questions, but still want the answer. They want and need to know, but have pride that I do not have, and do not ask their stupid question. By reading your kind solutions given to me, you have probably helped thousands you are unaware. Thanks for all of them and especially for me. Shab Chief of the uruG's

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
          You will be in the running for being a "slow learner" when it takes you 30 minutes to log into your Linux desktop from the login screen!

Comment

You have some nice hardware and regularly do new things that challenge not only you, the eventual solution is typically a learning point for many.

Comment

It has been running pretty good for a day. I am hoping it stops being a problem. If it is a hardware problem, I have fought with it since the rebuild, and will probably start saving for a new rig.

I will have to purchase everything, if it is hardware and I can't find the problem. I suppose that is what I will have to do.

After GOD, my children, and grandchildren, my computer takes priority over food and medicine, so you can see I am hooked on the technology. Cudos, friend Shab

Originally posted by Teunis View Post
              You have some nice hardware and regularly do new things that challenge not only you, the eventual solution is typically a learning point for many.

Comment

Working...
              X