Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kmail stopped working. Thunderbird also stopped.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kmail stopped working. Thunderbird also stopped.

Kmail stopped working with the following errors:

akonadi-selftest-report-20160331.txt

I don't understand the problem or how to fix using the information provided.

Thunderbird refused to send my emails this morning. Something about not receiving my password properly. No password entry appears. Email is my only current mail. I don't use snailmail. Will anyone help? Thanks!

Having looked through the error report, it appears that one of the files that Ahonadi uses is not available.

It is attempting to lock the file /ibdata1 but cannot and produces the following error message "Unable to lock ./ibdata1" with a error code 11

Error code 11 means Resource temporarily unavailable.

It goes on to tell you how to correct the error.160331 7:46:52 InnoDB: Could not open or create data files.
    If you tried to add new data files, and it failed here,
    you should now edit innodb_data_file_path in my.cnf back
    to what it was, and remove the new ibdata files InnoDB created
    in this failed attempt. InnoDB only wrote those files full of
    zeros, but did not yet use them in any way. But be careful: do not
    remove old data files which contain your precious data!
    Follow those instructions and it should sort itself out.

Comment

Dear Nick,

I don't understand any instruction let alone how to correct it. I am sorry to be so dense, but can you help me a little more? Thanks for your patience.

Originally posted by NickStone View Post
      Having looked through the error report, it appears that one of the files that Ahonadi uses is not available.

It is attempting to lock the file /ibdata1 but cannot and produces the following error message "Unable to lock ./ibdata1" with a error code 11

Error code 11 means Resource temporarily unavailable.

Follow those instructions and it should sort itself out.

Comment

I believe my problem was fixed by an update or dist-upgrade or perhaps dpkg --configure -a, unfortunately, I don't know. It seems to work fine again. Maybe the problem was fixed when I got my grub rescue> problem fixed, by the kindness of Dibl, who we are very lucky to have in our company.

Anyway, for those who may be concerned for my recent problem, I am back with a functioning desktop computer. This forum has the best people on this earth. Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X