X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have a grub menu anymore

Comment

and why is this ,,,,,,,,, if it's booting you strate in ,,,,,,then ,,,,,power off ,,,,,,repower and start taping the shift key ,,,,,,it (should) show.

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
        and why is this ,,,,,,,,, if it's booting you strate in ,,,,,,then ,,,,,power off ,,,,,,repower and start taping the shift key ,,,,,,it (should) show.

VINNY
        I'm still not able to do it.

Comment

ya ,,,,I dont want to talk you into doing it the mostly permanent way withought trying it as a test to see if will work with ought braking anything elce or even preventing you from booting .

find a way into your grub menu .

by the way I fond the workaround @hear https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...x/+bug/1514821 post #17 after travailing many miles of google for you.

but what Kernel are you on ,,,,,, the bug is being worked on so if you are not on 4.4.0-15 do a
          Code:
          sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
          to get their and see if it's fixed yet.

VINNY
          16GB RAM

Comment

OOPS ,,,just did the
            Code:
            sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
            myself (part of my daily check) and 4.4.0.16 is out ,,,,,,,do it and see if it helps.

VINNY
            16GB RAM

Comment

sorry, I just went back to windows. the main purpose was for my photography workflow. since I don't want to pay for adobe per month and Darktable was going to be my replacement for lightroom. Right now I don't think I can switch to linux. If I can't pull my images off my SD reader then I'm just wasting my time. Thanks for the the help. Hopefully, they can fix that in the near future.

Comment

Some of us have a life and a job to do so time is not for free.
                But quitting after three days while you have to option to dual boot?

Like I would still be very interested to see if the SD problem is also there while running live.

Comment

linking back to his other thread ,,, to some tests I ran .

https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...l=1#post385680

VINNY
                  16GB RAM

Comment

Originally posted by Teunis View Post
                    Some of us have a life and a job to do so time is not for free.
                    But quitting after three days while you have to option to dual boot?

Like I would still be very interested to see if the SD problem is also there while running live.
                    Huh? Look it took me almost a day to installing kubuntu with it crashing, Then I needed to install of the updates which took for ever. That is too much headache right now for me. Not saying in the future linux might work for me. but for right now its not an option.

Comment

Working...
                    X