This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd video problem

Okay, I'm having an odd video problem with Kaffeine. When I view a video, it doesn't seem to matter which type, the first two or thee display properly - but after that, all of them display either very brightly (everything else on the screen is normal) or the image gets very pixulated and is normally displayed in blues and blacks. The only time it gets better is if I restart the computer (logging off does not help).

I have also tried Mplayer, Movie Player, VLC, and xfmedia all with the same results. I attempted a screen shot of this, but I just got a blue screen (same blue as the "Blue Screen of Death").

Re: Odd video problem

I don't thnk that those players are as different as you think. With the exception of MoviePlayer (which I couldn't find), I believe that all of them actually use xine under kubuntu. I could be wrong though. You might try to re-install xine and see if that helps. Another possibility would be to use totem. I believe that totem uses gstreamer, but I could be wrong.

Comment

Re: Odd video problem

Originally posted by askrieger
      I don't thnk that those players are as different as you think. With the exception of MoviePlayer (which I couldn't find), I believe that all of them actually use xine under kubuntu. I could be wrong though. You might try to re-install xine and see if that helps.
      No luck with reinstalling xine. Still the same problem, except now it starts from the first movie rather then the second or third.

Just for the heck of it, I tried the movies from my fiancee's WinXP computer - they all work perfectly. Damn.
      Could something be wrong with the codecs?

Comment

Working...
      X