This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logan....aaahhh....

GG I don't do that thing about Google having all my stuff.

There were four passwords on my local machine.

Vinny you are a smart man....

And I only used Chrome when it had flash capabilities other than FF.

Ever since CastleCops I'm kinda paranoid about all that stuff.......

woodsmoke
    Last edited by woodsmoke; Mar 13, 2016, 09:39 PM.
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

So these passwords are only those that I "saved" in Chrome or Chromium over the years; not other browsers? If so, I reckon it's just another path to the already saved passwords? It's quicker than Chrome>settings>show advanced settings>manage passwords>passwords. Great stuff.
      Kubuntu 14.04 / KDE 4.13.3 / GRUB Version: 0.97-29ubuntu66
      HP15 -
      -f033wm Laptop / CPU: Intel / GPU: Intel Corporation Atom Processor / RAM: 8GB / Hard Drive: 1 each / Seagate / Optical Drive: HP DVDRW GUB0N / Windows 10

Comment

I sincerely hope this is not part of Chromium.
        There are times Chromium works (on video) where Firefox fails but I've never saved any passwords in Chromium.

Comment

I don't save my passwords in browsers at all. I was never comfortable with the idea of doing that.
          sigpic

Comment

Probably only Chrome and Android. When I log in here's the statement on top of the page: Your passwords from Chrome and Android are saved with Google Smart Lock and accessible to you across devices.
            Last edited by logan01; Mar 14, 2016, 03:32 PM.
            Kubuntu 14.04 / KDE 4.13.3 / GRUB Version: 0.97-29ubuntu66
            HP15 -
            -f033wm Laptop / CPU: Intel / GPU: Intel Corporation Atom Processor / RAM: 8GB / Hard Drive: 1 each / Seagate / Optical Drive: HP DVDRW GUB0N / Windows 10

Comment

ya ,,,,,I have several passwords saved in FF ,,,,maby one or 2 in chrome as well ,,,,,like I said only my gmail password was saved .
              BUT I have "smart lock" and "auto sine-in" turned OFF as well.

VINNY
              i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
              16GB RAM
              Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I only started using Chrome after I installed Kubuntu 14.04. Before that I used mainly FireFox and on rare occasions I'd give Opera a try. Some of those passwords in my list are from sites I had not visited in 8 to 10 years, or longer.

LinuxToday, for example. Before 2008 I used my name for my login. After a Linux User Group meeting at the University of Nebraska, where because of my age and grey hair, many of the students thought I was a professor at UNL. The temporary student leader couldn't remember my name, or didn't want to mess it up so he wrote "GreyGeek" on my name tag and everyone started using it. I started using "a.k.a GreyGeek" as a sub-moniker on LT around then, but not sure exactly when. When the PC mantra about how Linux is anti-woman infected that site I decided it was time to leave.

Anyway, the passwords of mine that Google has goes back at least a dozen years, if not more.
                "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

it makes me wander why the large discrepancy in in password capture/display frequency in just even the few people that have responded to this??

VINNY
                  i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                  16GB RAM
                  Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
                  X