This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i want to install openvpn

i have used openvpn in windows, it just asks for username and password.
    I had installed openvpn through konsole, but this asks for ca.crt and cert.pem files. but im provided only with username and password

* please someone help.. thanks in advance
    *jaleel

Are you trying to set up a vpn server on your system or trying to connect to a vpn server? If the latter, you will need the package network-manager-openvpn. I am going to guess it is the latter. Your vpn provider may have specific instructions. Which one are you using? If they provide an ovpn file, that would make things super easy.

Comment

Thanks for your valuable response, yes the latter one. im trying to connect an existing vpn server. but they have provided me only their server IP address along with username and password. In windows i just enter my username/ password to the openvpn application and it will be connected. but in kubuntu i don't know how to connect.

Thanks,
      jaleel

Comment

Might I ask who is providing this? They may have something that will be useful I can find from them, Their windows app is probably handling the security certificate bit, or else it is just a poorly secured vpn.

You should be able to try creating a new networking connection, selecting openvpn, and then (depending on your KDE version, not sure what it looks like for every version) select connection type to be "password", and just leave the certificate part blank.

Comment

I am using kubuntu 15.10 version, as u said i initiated a new networking connection and selected the connection type as password and left the CA file blank, then furnished the server IP, username and password, but that new vpn connection has failed. let me ask them did they have any certificates to connect.

Thanks,
          jaleel

Comment

Working...
          X