X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu install freezes up

Hi,

When I try to install Kubuntu on my pc, it freezes up at the big logo after loading and starting all the necesarry stuff.

I know this cd works because my pal installed it succesfully earlyer today on his machine, which is almost the same as mine.

Config:

CPU: AMD Athlon64 4400+
    Mobo: Asus A8N-E
    HDD: Hitachi 120GB
    Ram: 1GB ddr400
    Videocard: Abit RX700 Pro 256MB
    Optical: LG DVD writer

Anybody have a clue?

GreetZ
    SDX

Re: Kubuntu install freezes up

I'm assuming your using the Live CD? When it freezes, is it after Kubuntu is already installed, or is it when you are trying to boot using the Live CD? Your hardware is fine.

Comment

I'm afraid i have the same problem too. After using Fedora core 5 for a while, i tried to gave a shot at Kubuntu. I did a check of the cd before ( it did stop, turning in circle checking "squashfs" but continue fine after a <esc>.) During the live install, it just sit there after installing some basic drivers (last is Hp printer system,.. i think) and stop in the blue Kubuntu progress bar. <ctrl-alt-del> still works though.

Asus A8N-E
      A64 3800+
      1.5 GB OCZ LL
      Sapphire x800GTO2
      Sblaster 2

I also found this review with similar problem with that board:
      http://www.thejemreport.com/mambo/content/view/269/81/

Any idea where it's hanging up ?

Comment

i tried Ubuntu to see if the problem was similar. While this distribution goes a bit further, it fails totally to start Xserver and return to command line.
        Really disappointed with these distributions. So much hype and some much problems...
        In contrast Fedora 5 zip flawlessly through everything and build a very reliable system.

I think you need a new version 7....

Comment

Working...
        X