This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to remove/reinstall kubuntu 15.04 from CD

My current kubuntu 15.04 has become very corrupt. What code would I use to remove the current install, & reinstall from disc?
    Don't suggest v15.10 - tried it 3 times & it was disastrous.! My Tech Service said it's because it's not compatible with my latest computer system.

Save everything you want from /home directory. Boot from livecd. use manual partitioning and have it format your / partition, and make a separate /home. Install, copy back stuff you saved to /home.

If you have enough space (2 X root partition, use clonezilla to make an image of your partition after you get it set up the way you like. Take about 5-15 minutes depending on size and HDD speed. Then if you blow it up, restore the partition with clonezilla. I image my main drive (500Gb), win7, Ubuntu 14.04, Fedora 23, and openSuse 42.1 Takes about 45 minutes. Can restore the whole thing in less than 10. All my important stuff is on another drive. and /home is on yet another drive (I have 4 of them).

What your tech service said makes no sense. Sounds like they don't want to trouble shoot it. I've tried them all. Sticking with 14.04 until I see how stable 16.04 is in April

Comment

Working...
    X