Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are "Linux headers" and why should I apt-get update?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edit > Remove unnecessary packages.
    (I'm on the run and can't check what this means exactly.)
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

That listed my older kernel packages! It listed all but the most recent one. You can also right-click on an entry and select "unmark," in case you wish to keep one or more listed packages to remove.
      An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by Qqmike View Post
        (I'm on the run and can't check what this means exactly.)
        that is the corect place in Muon Package Manager to do the "Autoremove" option .

However it dose a "remove" NOT purge ,,,,,,,to get the "Purge" ,,,,,,,,you must .
        go ,,,,Muon Package Manager>edit> Remove unnecessary packages>click one of the packages in the list>Ctrl+a to Highlight all packages>right click one and select "Purge">click Apply changes ,,,,,,,,,,,,,I just tested it in 16.04 and was left with the 2 newest kernels and "ect"

and by the way ,,,, Nice reply to this thread @Qqmike

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

@ Vinny

Comment

Working...
          X