X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless Network Unavailable

I am having a Wireless network issue.

First let me tell you all how I got there. I was running Kubuntu 14.10 before doing an upgrade to the latest version, which was supposed 15.10. For some apparent reason though, I unintentionally upgraded past 15.10 to 16.04. I am fine with this, even though that it is still in development.

All is great but one slight problem. Before the upgrade, in the plasma-nm gui, there was an option to enable/disable the Wireless network and airplane mode in the upper portion (an example shown below, *not my image*)

However with this update, the gui does not even show the wireless network option. All that it shows is the airplane mode. I can use the laptop just fine by using cable, but I would prefer to have the ability to use my wireless card. I have tried updating the network-manager and plasma-nm services, but all are completely updated. All updates are current. I have deleted all my wireless network connections from the list to make sure.

Info:

Version: Xenial Xerus (development branch) 16.04
    Wireless Network Card: Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG
    Laptop's Wifi switch is turned on
    Status (from nmcli g)
    STATE CONNECTIVITY WIFI-HW WIFI WWAN-HW WWAN
    connected full enabled enabled enabled disabled

As it is a version that is in development, you can expect it to be buggy and unfinished, otherwise they would call it the final version.
    I guess it will solve itself within a few weeks when the developpers get to the network part finetuning part of the distro.
    Je suis Charlie, how many more people have to die for religions
    linux user #447706 on https://linuxcounter.net
    A good place to start:
    Topic: Top 20 Kubuntu FAQs & Answers

Comment

Working...
    X