Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's wrong when lip movement doesn't keep up with narative?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's wrong when lip movement doesn't keep up with narative?

A new kind of problem for me, but I have lots of RAM and 2GB of GPU and while watching a technical video on youtube, the person was speaking very fast and his lips did not keep up with his words. What is the problem? Thanks!

What browser? HTML5 or Flash? CPU?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk
    Registered Linux User 545823

Comment

Firefox. I was watching a technical tutorial. The author was talking very fast; his image appeared slow-motion while his speech was so fast that it was difficult to stay up with him.

Nevertheless, my computer has a 2gb video card and 32gb of RAM, so it seems I should see the images real-time without lag.

I don't know whether it was HTMS5 or Flash, but I thought most youtube was flash.

My CPU is an AMD 8350 8-core @ 4200mhz. My RAM is GSkill DDR3 1800. My GPU is XFX 2gb DDR5.

Originally posted by jpenguin View Post
      What browser? HTML5 or Flash? CPU?

Comment

Your hardware is more than fast enough. Is the delay noticeable in other browsers like Konqueror, Chromium, etc If it is only with FF then you might try adding pipelining or increasing the setting to 8
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I've had that problem; I was watching a VP8 video on my phone.

Go to YouTube.com/HTM5 and make sure your getting HTML5 video. If the problem persists, tell us results in another browser

Registered Linux User 545823

Comment

Originally posted by Shabakthanai View Post
            ... while watching a technical video on youtube, the person was speaking very fast and his lips did not keep up with his words...
            Are you able to tell us what the video was, or give an URL?
            Regards, John Little

Comment

I have Firefox and Chrome installed, but only use Chrome for Netflix. I guess, because this was a youtube presentation, it's a browser related problem. Stupid me, I never even gave that a thought. I thought maybe my memory or GUP were failing; I have never had that kind of problem. Both pipelining and 8 are new to me, so I will have to do a little search prior to continuing.

My computer has been such a difficult to repair problem this past year, I haven't used it much. Mostly using my cell. I use the laptop, but is getting old, like me, and the GPU is starting to fail. It's good to be back on the forum, I missed you guys.

Hope your Christmas was happy and same for your New Year.

Shab And Thanks!

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
              Your hardware is more than fast enough. Is the delay noticeable in other browsers like Konqueror, Chromium, etc If it is only with FF then you might try adding pipelining or increasing the setting to 8

Comment

Thanks, I will do that.

Originally posted by jpenguin View Post
                I've had that problem; I was watching a VP8 video on my phone.

Go to YouTube.com/HTM5 and make sure your getting HTML5 video. If the problem persists, tell us results in another browser

Comment

I can't remember the specific event; I was watching a technical tutorial, and the teacher was speaking very fast. Too fast for my liking. Anyway the video was like before memory was so available and the GPU couldn't keep up with real time motion. I have an 8-core @ 4Ghz and 32GB of memory and a 2GB GPU, so my first thought was hardware problems, but I didn't have a clue which was the problem since I have never experienced a like problem. I was surprised when everyone was talking about the browser. Never had a similar problem with a browser. It sounds like that is where the problem is located. Thanks for the advice.

Originally posted by jlittle View Post
                  Are you able to tell us what the video was, or give an URL?

Comment

the problem may be with the video it's self ,,,,,,,,,,,,, audio out of sink with the video.

VINNY
                    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                    16GB RAM
                    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

You are probably right Vinny, it hasn't happened again in a long time. I should have marked the post solved but forgot. Thanks for the input and Happy New Year.

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
                      the problem may be with the video it's self ,,,,,,,,,,,,, audio out of sink with the video.

VINNY

Comment

Working...
                      X