This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Software Updater of Notifier Issue?

I figure since the notifier notifies me of other actions other than software/security updates availabilites, perhaps the Updater is no longer talking to the Notifier or the Notifier now refuses to speak with the Updater. If so, is either one or both reinstallable, if so, what's the process? Kubuntu 14.04 / KDE 4.13.3

Note: Muon shows I have muon-notifier, update-manager-KDE, update-notifier-common.

https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...urity-Upgrades

Thanks
    Last edited by logan01; Dec 21, 2015, 10:03 AM.
    Kubuntu 14.04 / KDE 4.13.3 / GRUB Version: 0.97-29ubuntu66
    HP15 -
    -f033wm Laptop / CPU: Intel / GPU: Intel Corporation Atom Processor / RAM: 8GB / Hard Drive: 1 each / Seagate / Optical Drive: HP DVDRW GUB0N / Windows 10

1- go to ,,,system settings>application and system notifications>other notifications ,,,,,and make sure "upgrade notifications" is checked.

2- go to Kickoff>applications>system>update manager,,,,,,,,at bottom left of the window is a "more" drop down list ,,,click it ,,,then "configure muon update manager" and make sure the check boxes are checked

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
      1- go to ,,,system settings>application and system notifications>other notifications ,,,,,and make sure "upgrade notifications" is checked.

2- go to Kickoff>applications>system>update manager,,,,,,,,at bottom left of the window is a "more" drop down list ,,,click it ,,,then "configure muon update manager" and make sure the check boxes are checked

VINNY
      Thanks. I've done that. I redid them just now.
      HP15 -
      -f033wm Laptop / CPU: Intel / GPU: Intel Corporation Atom Processor / RAM: 8GB / Hard Drive: 1 each / Seagate / Optical Drive: HP DVDRW GUB0N / Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by logan01 View Post
        Thanks. I've done that. I redid them just now.
        personally I keep update notifications turned off ,,,,,,,and just run
        Code:
        sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
        when I feel like it

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
          personally I keep update notifications turned off ,,,,,,,and just run
          Code:
          sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
          when I feel like it

VINNY
          Seems to be the general consensus. Not a huge deal, however, my OCDness has kicked in; worked before and is driving me crazy.
          HP15 -

Comment

I'm using 14.04 and my Muon updater works. Wonder if after re-setting settings (a la Senior Vinny) a re-boot might help? When in doubt, re-boot. You know, like for hardware, when in doubt, check the cables. Stupid rules of thumb ... that work more often than not.
            An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

I be bootin', rebootin', bootin' & tootin', vladimir putin bootin' for days. Shall do it again.
              HP15 -

Comment

Rebooted and of course it shows my wifi connection and disabled touchpad. Maybe tomorrow I'll have an update.
                HP15 -

Comment

I be bootin', rebootin', bootin' & tootin', vladimir putin bootin' for days.
                  Ha-ha! Gettin' a little punchy there, huh? This stuff will do it to ya.
                  An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Who, me? What, me worry?
                    HP15 -

Comment

That always brings back memories as a kid when I usually had a hard time coming up with 25 or 35 cents to pick up a copy of MAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Qqmike View Post
                        That always brings back memories as a kid when I usually had a hard time coming up with 25 or 35 cents to pick up a copy of MAD.
                        Growing up in the 'burbs of Dallas, coke bottles along the sides of county and state roads were plentiful; 3 cents a pop.
                        HP15 -

Comment

I recall when it was 2 cents, growing up in northern Illinois. Lot of money back then, hoping and trying to find 5 bottles to have a dime and, thus, an ice cream cone or two candy bars.

Comment

There was a down side to that. My brother scavenged coke bottles so assiduously he caught hepatitis.

Regards, John Little
                            Regards, John Little

Comment

In the 1970s, my friend's back garden led to a Corona warehouse where they stored empties (and sometimes full ones in bins). The local kids had quite a black market going in bottle refunds for a while
                              If you're sitting wondering,
                              Which Batman is the best,
                              There's only one true answer my friend,
                              It's Adam Bloody West!

Comment

Working...
                              X