This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cisco Jabber and Telepathy

I am completely green setting this up, so bare with me.

I have a Cisco pressence/jabber server in my environment. I'm trying to get Wily (Kubuntu 15.10 x64) to connect to that rascal. I've added the account, and I've added the server under advanced settings. It never connects. Occasionally I will get a prompt to accept the self signed certificate, and other times I get the password for the account. However, it never fully connects.

However, if I put in the latest/greatest pidgin, I can connect 100% of the time. So my sanity on connectivity is good.

So my question is this. Is telepathy a good replacement for the Windows Cisco/Jabber client? What I'm looking for is something that will do 100% of the Cisco jabber functions (voip,IM/video/conference).

In my experience, Telepathy is not a very reliable XMPP client. I wish it was, because I like the concept of telepathy frameworks and would love a client that has good integration with Plasma desktop.

Specifically, it lacks a lot of features (XEP support) that are really handy when communicating with people using mobile XMPP clients, and it isn't great at providing useful errors (which is particularly annoying when you are trying to find a combination of compatible servers + desktop clients + mobile clients).

Having said that, I haven't found a client that I really like on the desktop. Conversations is a good Android client.
    samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

Working...
    X