Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I change the font size in Unetbootin?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I change the font size in Unetbootin?

I have heard great things about this application, in that you can make ISO's of other than OS's, however, I can not read the small print when I open the application and the usual Ctrl +- feature does not work. I looked for preferences and googled, but no help, so far.

My eyes are corrected, but cannot read small font sizes clearly. I get a headache reading small quantities of words, because I have to figure out what is written using strain. Thanks for any help.

This happens from time to time. Software Sources in Muon does not provide readable print either, and I have not been able to find out how to reconfigure. System Sources font selections does not have any impact on either of these applications.

Zooming the desktop might help, just use the mouse to center where you want the magnification: Meta (Windows key) + ("+" key) to zoom in, Meta - ("-" key) to zoom out.
    Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
    Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

you can set your system fonts larger that would help with all applications.

look in
      system settings -> application apperance -> fonts
      or
      system settings -> fonts.
      Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
      (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Hi friend,

I tried that and it doesn't work; neither does it respond to the instructions in System Settings. Still, I cannot read the words without using a magnifying glass, which seems very unnecessary at this stage of technology.

Originally posted by Rod J View Post
        Zooming the desktop might help, just use the mouse to center where you want the magnification: Meta (Windows key) + ("+" key) to zoom in, Meta - ("-" key) to zoom out.

Comment

Thanks my friend,

Unetbootin and Software Sources do not respond to those settings. System Settings work in most other situations, which has made my life better. No more struggling to read stuff. I would really like to make USB ISO's out of things like Gparted, stuff like that, but they do not show when I open Kubuntu's USB ISO creator. In fact that application doesn't seem to be included in Kubuntu 15.10 right now, at least I can't find it.

Thanks for the input. If you have Unetbootin installed in your computer, try your suggestions; if it works for you, I would appreciate a reply. In any event, getting older might not be all-that-it-is-cracked-up to be, but it sure beats the alternative. Were I a little more savvy, I would correct the problem myself for those of us who cannot improve our vision problems.

I have a young friend who has all her fonts set at 8 or 9 point. She could be typing the password for Fort Knox, while I am looking over her shoulder, and I could not read it. She is newer to Kubuntu than I, and it is necessary to change the fonts to about 16 before words are comfortable for me to read. With my 27" monitor and all fonts set to 16, my quality of computing and enjoyment has increased manifold. I just love it.

I wish I had appreciated good vision, when I had it. As a boy, my vision was 20/10 in my right eye and 20/5 in the left; I could read road sign, before others in my family could see the signs at all. Now, street signs are hard to read until I am close to them. I am grateful for what I have, however it would be nice to be able to re-configure print size in all applications.

Originally posted by sithlord48 View Post
          you can set your system fonts larger that would help with all applications.

look in
          system settings -> application apperance -> fonts
          or
          system settings -> fonts.

Comment

if its a gtk app the font setting for those is in System Settings -> Application Apperance => GTK
            Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
            (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Thanks my friend. That worked for unetbootin. It is wonderful to be able to see the print. I was hoping I could create a USB thumb drive of PartitionMagic and other applications similar. Apparently it won't work. Nonetheless, you cannot appreciate how much this post has helped me. I simply could not read the print before, and now it is quite easy.

Originally posted by sithlord48 View Post
              if its a gtk app the font setting for those is in System Settings -> Application Apperance => GTK

Comment

Working...
              X