X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating a login

Hi,
    I am new to KDE desktop (just moved from gnome)

using system setting->Account Details ->User manager
    I cannot create a user by the name 'durrat' don't know why, can create via kuser though

After I create it via kuser , I cannot see it in the user manager
    Just wondering if its a bug

I know it sounds stupid but try creating a user by the name durrat using the User manager

Comment

Originally posted by Asifbahrainwala View Post
      I know it sounds stupid but try creating a user by the name durrat using the User manager
      If you were asking someone to do this, well, I did, with no trouble. This on Vivid, where kuser is not installed.
      Regards, John Little

Comment

Originally posted by jlittle View Post
        If you were asking someone to do this, well, I did, with no trouble. This on Vivid, where kuser is not installed.
        Hey thanks,
        After creating this user 'durrat' I cannot see it the user manager, though I can see other users.

Comment

Originally posted by jlittle View Post
          Hey thanks,
          after creating this user, I cannot see it in the user control (hence cannot edit it), the user exists and can be edited using kuser though,
          I don't have this trouble with any other user.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	643083

The above snapshot will show that login 'durrat' has been created (from kuser) but is missing in the user manager

Comment

to see this bug
              after creating the login 'durrat' via the user manager , make sure you close it and reopen it via the system setting, you will now notice that this user is missing (posted snap shot above)

Comment

Working...
              X