This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing the splash image

Hello there, Im trying to change the splash image but as far as it goes I haven't been able to do anything because Im overlost here.

My first quick search on google, send me to xsplash but then I saw that kubuntu doesn't uses it(or at least I can't find the folder on /usr), then I found that it uses plymouth on another page, and I was getting ready to learn it when I downloaded "plymouth manager" and realized that the preview it showed wasn't the one I see on my splash(also, I tried to change the background color in "text.plymouth" and installing a new theme with the manager and none of them works) and now Im quite lost overhere. I'm not really sure about what this distro uses for the splash image and how to change it so, can anybody give me a hand over here?

You need to tell us what version of Kubuntu you are using.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I couldn't change the splash either. Tried super-boot-manager, and everything stayed the same. Then I updated kernel to 4.2.5 and all the changes I had tried showed up . No idea why

Comment

Working...
      X