This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puzzled w/ Assorted Dolphin "File" Names

Some files which I have downloaded will have an alpha - numeric style name which I will change to something normal. If I open the file and minimize it, the new file name shows in the taskbar. But that's not always the case. For example the file " Kawasaki KLF250 2003 Service Manual.pdf" will show up in the taskbar as "
    .....v...r...[ - D:\DOCUME~1\CPUSERS\LOCALS~1\Temp\.aptcache\aec028 24\aec02824".

If I open the file and select it's properties, it will show the following:

File Path:
    file:///home/richard/Documents/Kawasaki Bayou/Kawasaki Bayou/Kawasaki KLF250 2003 Service Manual.pdf

Title:
    .....v...r...[ - D:\DOCUME~1\CPUSERS\LOCALS~1\Temp\.aptcache\aec028 24\aec02824

As you can see, with this file and some others, the "title" is reflected in the taskbar and not the file name.

Lastly, at times I might change the new downloaded file in the Downloads folder and at others in the Documents folder or in a sub-folder of the Documents folder.

Is there a fix for this?

Not sure if it's limited to this, however, my experience with this phenomenon is w/ .pdf files opened w/ Okular.

Very Lastly, why didn't the text wrap in this post? Never had this happen before. Can't even fix it with backspace, cut/paste, etc.

Thanks.
    Last edited by logan01; Oct 27, 2015, 08:19 PM.
    Kubuntu 14.04 / KDE 4.13.3 / GRUB Version: 0.97-29ubuntu66
    HP15 -
    -f033wm Laptop / CPU: Intel / GPU: Intel Corporation Atom Processor / RAM: 8GB / Hard Drive: 1 each / Seagate / Optical Drive: HP DVDRW GUB0N / Windows 10

I found the fix by going to Office>Okular>Settings>Configure Okular> blah, blah, blah.
    Kubuntu 14.04 / KDE 4.13.3 / GRUB Version: 0.97-29ubuntu66
    HP15 -
    -f033wm Laptop / CPU: Intel / GPU: Intel Corporation Atom Processor / RAM: 8GB / Hard Drive: 1 each / Seagate / Optical Drive: HP DVDRW GUB0N / Windows 10

Comment

Working...
    X