Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Both monitors became exactly the same without provocation.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both monitors became exactly the same without provocation.

I only have a vague memory of having monitors set to where the cursor is showing on both monitors at the same time or when I was unable to move a document from one screen to the other by Alt + Drag.

When I opened System Settings and it shows DVI 1-2 with a check in a single monitor, not two monitors. It was working normally and without any provocation changed from one to the other. I don't see any option to have the computer scan for two monitors but since it says DVI 1-2, doesn't that mean the computer recognizes both of them?

There is no need to have two monitors if you can't use them separately. Thanks for any help you may provide!

Hi Shabakthanai,

Do you see the same thing on both monitors at once? It sounds like the two monitors are mirrored now.

Please post the output of xrandr.
    Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
    Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

Sorry for slow response. I don't know how I missed it. That is exactly what happened and was not correctable in System Settings, so after additional problems continued to happen, I re-installed the OS and the problem was solved. I wasn't given any driver options that may have solved the problem.

I still have either a hardware or memory problem which evades me. Shortly after I wrote you last, the new installation of Kubuntu 15.10 failed again. A day later, when I booted up, K15.10 started to work again. It is looking more like, as you suggested, the problem is located in my new memory modules.

Originally posted by Rod J View Post
      Hi Shabakthanai,

Do you see the same thing on both monitors at once? It sounds like the two monitors are mirrored now.

Please post the output of xrandr.

Comment

The problem resolved itself. I don't have an idea what changed, but it is corrected. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
        X