X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu Freezes when launching a program

Hello,

I am having issues launching anything in Kubuntu 15.04. When I try to launch a program Plasma freezes. I can still move my mouse but I can't click anything.

I am dual booting windows 10 and Kubuntu. I have 2 harddrives. My 4tb is sda and my 250gb SSD is sdb. I am booting from sdb.

Thank you,

Daniel

is this a brand new install ?

what are the specks of your box ,,,,,?

if a new install is the file indexer running ,,,,,,it's first run is kinda heavy on some ,,,,,,,it will lighten up a lot after you have a DB .

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
      is this a brand new install ?

what are the specks of your box ,,,,,?

if a new install is the file indexer running ,,,,,,it's first run is kinda heavy on some ,,,,,,,it will lighten up a lot after you have a DB .

VINNY
      Here are my Specs. http://valid.x86.fr/f1h1j4

and yes this is a new install. It's my first time installing Kubuntu.

Comment

if you can open a konsole and type "top" and hit enter ,,,,,,,do you see "baloo" running hard ?

you have a recent Nvidia card/chip so maby the default driver is having trouble ,,,,,,if you can try disabling desktop effects for now......"alt+shift+F12" I think toggles them

also in system settings their is a "diver manager" you can use to install the Nvidia driver .

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
          if you can open a konsole and type "top" and hit enter ,,,,,,,do you see "baloo" running hard ?

you have a recent Nvidia card/chip so maby the default driver is having trouble ,,,,,,if you can try disabling desktop effects for now......"alt+shift+F12" I think toggles them

also in system settings their is a "diver manager" you can use to install the Nvidia driver .

VINNY
          I got it working. I had to manually install the Nvidia Driver. but now I can't get my sound card to work in Firefox. It works in everything else except Firefox and chromium

Comment

Working...
          X