Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creative Sound blaster X-Fi Drivers Need help to install?!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creative Sound blaster X-Fi Drivers Need help to install?!

Im new to kubuntu -im useing 15.04. My sound card is a Sound Blaster Creative Elite Pro
    I have download the flie from creative`s website but need help to install it?

Did you ever figure this out? I couldn't find a driver for Linux anyway, unless your running wine won't do any good. i did find some linux drivers but comments state awful experience
    Last edited by Clayman1000x; Aug 05, 2015, 06:56 PM.

Comment

I built my computer about a year ago, the components are reasonably new. I attempted to install a Creative Industry sound card but never had success. I do not mean to discourage you, but I am one who went through the same difficulties you are having and was unable to resolve the matter. It is quite unusual, because Kubuntu developers are as good as it gets and still they have not solved all of the problems. If you have a sound card on your motherboard, I hope it works well.

Try not to lose faith in Kubuntu, if you are unable to fix this problem. In not too long a time, you will be glad to have a Kubuntu Operating System even if you have to change sound cards. If I were you I would search for Quality Sound Cards that are proven compatible with the Kubuntu OS. Keep trying to solve your problem. If you are successful, you will help a lot of users who have had a similar experience. Good luck. I would help you if able.

Originally posted by kubuntu-newbie View Post
      Im new to kubuntu -im useing 15.04. My sound card is a Sound Blaster Creative Elite Pro
      I have download the flie from creative`s website but need help to install it?

Comment

Working...
      X