X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Network Manager is missing from my panel Kubuntu 14.10

Kubuntu 14.10 on my laptop.

I am sure I have done something that caused this, I just do not know what.

WiFi was working fine. Network Manager on my panel indicated I was connected.

Now the Network Manager Icon is missing from my panel and I don't know how to get it back, and I cannot connect wirelessly. I am currently connected using an ethernet cable.

I restarted my router after about a minute to see if that might help. It did not.

Thanks for any help.

Does re-booting your laptop not display the network manager widget?

Or you could try in the terminal
    Code:
    nm-applet
    If that works add it to the start apps at boot list (somewhere in system settings)

Comment

posting in the wrong thread. sorry
      Ignore the screenshot
      Attached Files
      Last edited by ronshor; Jul 24, 2015, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Right-click on the "system tray," the set of small icons where things like network management and the volume control appear. Choose "System Tray Settings" and make sure "Network Management" is checked in the dialog box.

Comment

steven@stevens-laptop:~$ nm-applet

(nm-applet:8770): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: /build/buildd/glib2.0-2.42.1/./gobject/gsignal.c:3101: signal id '200' is invalid for instance '0x1428e10'

Thanks Nick. I do not understand the significance of this information. Does it reveal my problem or point toward a solution?

Since this Icon became missing, I have been able to connect to the internet a couple of times. I have no idea what causes this re-connection. I believe, when I restarted after this morning's update that it disappeared again. Additionally, I then lost my WIFI connection, and without the missing Icon, I don't know how to instruct the computer to reconnect to the internet Wirelessly.

Originally posted by NickStone View Post
          Does re-booting your laptop not display the network manager widget?

Or you could try in the terminal
          Code:
          nm-applet
          If that works add it to the start apps at boot list (somewhere in system settings)

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	SystemsTray.png
Views:	1
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	642991

I don't see Network Management. Am I looking at the correct screen? Thanks friend.

Originally posted by SeijiSensei View Post
            Right-click on the "system tray," the set of small icons where things like network management and the volume control appear. Choose "System Tray Settings" and make sure "Network Management" is checked in the dialog box.

Comment

Working...
            X