This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed to transport message. smtp-server.woh.rr.com [Kmail]

I have two emails in my 'outbox', that are not sent due to the error reported in the 'Title:' of this post.

When I bring up the emails to resend, no option to send is available.

I would check that the name of the outgoing server is correct.

I've not seen too many smtp servers with "-" in the name, but that's not to say that they can't have them.

Have you had any issues before about sending e-mails? Or is it something you have just set up recently?

Comment

Who is your Internet provider?
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Hi friend,

When I checked it was wrong. The word 'server' after the '-' was missing. Here is how it reads after correcting the error: smtp-server.woh.rr.com(Default) SMTP, which is correct.

I don't know what caused this. The email program has been working beautifully for many months.

I am using my computer less these days and forget many things as a result. I believe I have fixed this problem, with your help of course, but when I then attempt to sent the unsent emails, I can't remember how to do that. I look for a 'send' option, which is not there, for the unsent outgoing emails. Can and will you tell me what to do? Thanks!

Originally posted by NickStone View Post
        I would check that the name of the outgoing server is correct.

I've not seen too many smtp servers with "-" in the name, but that's not to say that they can't have them.

Have you had any issues before about sending e-mails? Or is it something you have just set up recently?

Comment

Just double-click on the mail item in the Outbox to reopen it and then use the Send option.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Sometimes things get pretty embarrassing. Thanks my friend. Of course that worked.

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
            Just double-click on the mail item in the Outbox to reopen it and then use the Send option.

Comment

Working...
            X