X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: mouse wont move!

Originally posted by siadow
    now i have found it i can CONFIRM that it says exactly the same as the comparable section for the mouse on the live CD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all words, numbers and "s seem to be in the same places.
    Dang...back to the drawing board :P

I find it rather odd the same configuration works on a liveCD and not on installation.

Could you post this information to help troubleshoot?

What kind of mouse is it:
    1. PS/2, Usb or serial?
    2. How many buttons/wheels etc.?
    3. Manufacturer and model (if not a 'bulk' mouse)?

Comment

hello again!

my mouse is a silver and black 2 button with a scroll wheel in the middle which clicks if i press it!

underneath it says

3D BALL MOUSE
      MODEL:UM-1018
      Rating 5V-12ma

F@CE
      S/N 07387906
      made in china

bar code 6920820103108
      Q.C. passed 06.02

any ideas o gifted one?

Comment

Just a newbie here but I had a similar problem. My mouse was plugged into a usb hub and wouldn't work. I plugged directly into the computer and it works fine now. I have other devices in the hub that work fine so not sure what was going on there. Anyway, I know it sounds dumb but it worked for me.

Comment

Originally posted by yesac142
          Just a newbie here but I had a similar problem.  My mouse was plugged into a usb hub and wouldn't work.  I plugged directly into the computer and it works fine now.  I have other devices in the hub that work fine so not sure what was going on there.  Anyway, I know it sounds dumb but it worked for me.
          That's worth a try if it is an usb mouse, also you can try to disconnect other usb devices you have.

If you still have problems, maybe you could post the contents of your xorg.conf or atleast the mouse section, just to be sure there isn't anything funny there.

Comment

Working...
          X